Gigperformer not seeing MIDI signal from hardware synth

Gigperformer quit getting midi from my hardware synth at the gig on Sat night. I replaced the synth with a different instrument. Still no MIDI in GigPerformer. The synth in question transfers MIDI to all of my other modules just fine so its not a hardware problem, and GigPerformer gets MIDI from my other keyboard. Does anyone out there know if you have to change a GigPerformer setting to activate two controllers after you upgrade to the latest Mac OS?

1. Please tell me you didn’t upgrade your OS right before your gig and you didn’t test to make sure that everything still worked?

2. Did you check whether MIDI from that controller was actually coming into the Mac itself? For example, by running the Snoize MIDI Monitor?

3. After updating to the latest OS (why, by the way?), did you make sure your hardware was properly configured in Audio MIDI settings?

Thanks for the quick response! I blew it with the OS upgrade. There’s no going back, right?

I’ve done all of the normal stuff. Yes I used Snoize and did all the normal stuff. Computer is getting midi and breath controller.

Audio Midi Hardware setup (2 synths, 2 modules connected to a MOTU Midi Express) looks OK. Not sure if there’s a way to tell the Audio Midi app that there’s a MacBookPro in the loop. Gigperformer reads note on/offs from the keyboard going into port one of the Midi Express only. The other inputs appear to be filtered out. I’ve done quite a few troubleshooting configurations.

The Kronos played the virtual instruments flawlessly at Friday’s gig (a week after the OS update) and completely failed on Saturday thru today.

I deleted a old Midi driver but still have 3 Motu midi drivers installed, all MOTU - 2019, 2022 & 2023.

I took the week off of work to deal with this so I’ve got some time. Do you know anyone in the LA area who’s expert at this stuff? Are you interested in doing the fix? I’ll pay you well.

I was told that re-installing the Mac OS update resets the permissions and fixes the issue. If you recommend that and it works that’s good information to spread around.

Just figured this out. If you update your Mac OS without taking precautions, you’ll probably have to do the following:

• Re-enter your license key
  • Replace all of your Korg input modules and possibly others

The OS update resets Audio Midi so that certain Midi Inputs are greyed out (Kronos in my case). GP then talks to the Kronos Ghost and no Midi gets into the GigPerformer instruments. You have to create a new Midi Input in the wiring schematic (“Kronos” in my case) and replace the existing midi input. GP has a great “replace all” feature that makes this a lot less painless.

4 Likes