Gigperformer and Scarlet 4i4 do not match on Mac

Hi, I tried to use Gig Performer 4 with scarlet 4i4 on Macbook with Catalina. Focusrite Control works normal, low latency monitoring works, I have sound on the outputs. Now I bougt Gig Performer, And I have no sound on the inputs. I loaded a preset for vocals and guitar, and set the input setup to scarlet. It does not matter if I put the output routing in Focusrite Control to DAW output or custom mix, and I also tried to change the system setup of OSX to Scarlet or to internal mic (I thought i might get the audio stream free for the Gig Performer), no input level appears in GP. I also looked in the global rack to the wiring, all seams to be plugged. Any ideas? Thanks.

You have to give access to the microphone for Gig Performer.

2 Likes

This issue is well known (and @pianopaul’s solution is correct) and is due to Apple’s security measure that prevents applications from using audio input without permission.

For more information see this article

https://gigperformer.com/guitar-audio-is-not-coming-into-gig-performer-on-mojave/

1 Like

Thank you very much. I haven´t installed software since I updated to Catalina, so I did not think about that. Now it works fine!