I’m working on the Stream Deck again, specifically switching between songs in the setlist. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a wireless solution. So, I’ve connected the Stream Deck to my computer via USB. My question is whether my programming might trigger a MIDI loop. The tests worked.
I send a Program Change command from the Stream Deck. This command selects the corresponding song in the setlist. Within that song, there’s another Program Change command in the Action Manager that prompts the iPad to switch to that song. So far, so good. The song on the iPad also has a Program Change command, which prompts GP to select the correct song. However, the song was already selected by the Stream Deck.
Normally, I always select the songs on the iPad. But there are a few songs that I need to switch to very quickly so I can start playing immediately. Therefore, I’ve assigned these few songs directly to the Stream Deck so I can switch instantly with a single button press. And the iPad switches on immediately, since I need the lyrics and chords.
The iPad also switches to the correct song at the same time. Before I program all the songs, I would like to hear any legitimate objections about whether this solution is stable.