Gig Performer routing audio to another software?!

Me again. Sorry. Getting mad. All is working properly… Exept one thing. I patched asio link pro but when I start jamkazam it still starts in trial modus. When I open GP it starts in full modus. Deinstalled and installed all. Nothing changed. Maybe you have an idea! Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is that you didn’t use the correct patcher. There are a few listed on the Odeus page, including one that is an x86/x64 combined patcher that I didn’t have any luck with.
This x64 patcher is the one you want.

Maybe I have to do both patches for X86 and X64 :thinking:. Did only the X64 patch and GP is based on X64, but I realized that JamKazam is still X86 app. I’ll try this and post if it works! Thanks.

Yes, that’s probably the answer, since JamKazam is an x86 app.

1 Like

Ok. That was the fault. Patcher worked but x86 is in main directory and x64 in an extra directory. Now all is working as it should! Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

Hi David-san, what model RME do you use? Have you tested if you get 0 latency with the loopback? I have an original version RME Digiface (not the newer models). On Windows, in my test with RME internal loopback I found that at 128 buffer, I get an additional 6 ms latency. I also get about the same when doing an ADAT cable loopback with Presonus Quantum at 128. (This is assuming of course I tested in a proper manner.)

I just recently got AsioLinkPro going and it has 0 latency (I was able to null my audio from GP into Bitwig against the direct to Bitwig audio). I still need to test for AsioLink’s stability. Doing my first session with it somehow a sustaining totally full scale signal happened somewhere (luckily I wasn’t monitoring that stereo pair!). Hopefully it was just user error with a routing.

Interestingly I saw in AsioLink’s manual that using its own “loopback” function (rather than the direct to “host” routing method that I get 0 latency with), will add a buffer size of latency, at which 128 in my case does equal about 6 ms. I suppose that explains my RME and ADAT cable loopback tests.

Assuming the RME solution as being more reliable/future proof, just wondering if the newer RME’s loopback has 0 latency. Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no way to get a product key anymore and in trail mode the audio keeps breaking up. :frowning:
Or have I missed something?

Well, there is a patch available. Some kind of a legal patch, because the developer passed away and this app is abandonware.

Ahhh! Now I got it! Thank you!

1 Like

From where?

Hello. Here you can download it https://give.academy/downloads/2018/03/03/ODeusASIOLinkPro/

You can use the combined patcher. Copy this patcher in the main directory to use it on 32 bit. Copy the patcher to x64 folder and use the 64 bit patch. Voila. Enjoy it is great!

1 Like

Hey there. It is a while back but I have to give you an answer of your solutions.

First I tried Asio Link Pro and it worked. But I got some crackling issues when I was routing guitar pro to Jamulus. So I gave Voicemeeter another try. It took quite a time but now I can do the same thing as with asio link and I find it more user friendly. It is indeed a great freeware tool and I can recommend it. Thanks and have a good time!

3 Likes

Yes, that is right, in Windows I use GP and Voicemeeter with Jamulus and it works fine.

Unfortunately JamKazam has begun the process of transitioning to a model that includes both free and premium monthly subscription plans. This subscription model takes effect January 1, 2021, the free model has some constraints. Free plan users will be limited to a 1-hour maximum session length, a total of 4 hours of session time per month, and a max of 4 players per session. So I changed to Jamulus.

1 Like