Gig Performer PDF reader

Did you follow these guidelines: PDFToGPChordPro

Also I would try another PDF file in the off chance that the PDF file is corrupted

Yes i did and ive tried several pdf files.

Can you paste in here what you were pasting into the chord window?

It doesnt seem to paste anything in there

If you are 100% sure that your PDF is not protected, then when you drag it onto the appā€™s window, the result will be automatically copied to your clipboard. Just paste the content.

The information is copied to the clipboard automatically. If you canā€™t paste afterwards, then something may be interfering with your clipboard.

thats what i was thinking but unfortuantly i cant seem to work what it is

Are you on Mac or on Windows?

windows
every time i convert a pdf in the pdftochordpro app it creates a folder named the same as the pdf but irs empty?

Do you have any kind of anti-virus system that could be blocking the creating of those files?

Ive now downoaded a completely different pdf and i get it to work and display. I save it amd now it doesnt appear to reload lol. I guess theres something wrong with my original pdf so im going to keep working on it lol.
Thanks for all your advice though.

Just commenting on this thread:

I use forScore for navigating and editing scores. In addition to its score-editing capabilities, it has very deep MIDI functionality that allows you to open new scores, jump to codas/pages, etc with MIDI commands sent over an IAC. I can use it either on my iPad or on my M1 Mac. Iā€™m sure you can find similar solutions if you choose to go down this route.

Using GigPerformer to trigger score reading software is massively flexible and makes a lot more sense than having GPā€™s developers spend precious time redesigning the wheel.

4 Likes

Hey GP family ā€¦

Hereā€™s a really basic question but I canā€™t seem to find an answer anywhere.

When assigning png files to each song, does each song have to be in itā€™s own file or do ALL pdfs go in to one single GPCHORD file?

i.e

option 1 :

SONG 1, songpart 1, songpart 2, songpart 3. GO IN SONG 1.gpchord
SONG 2, songpart 1, songpart 2. GO IN SONG 2.gpchord

OR

option 2 :

SONG 1, songpart 1, songpart 2, songpart 3
SONG 2, songpart 1, songpart 2.

ALL GO IN a single SONG.gpchord

I know both methods work but I donā€™t know whether one is more correct than the other.

Thanks

Option 1. GP stores a chordpro file for each song.

1 Like

Many thanks!