Gig Performer PDF reader

Is there any plan for Gig Performer to have its own PDF reader? The present way works good enough for the most but was just curious.

ON MAC you can use “Preview” to show PDF Files.
There are some function to be used in GP Script.

One advantage of an integrated PDF reader like Camelot has is that it seems easier to adjust PDF sizes to fit on a small screen such as on an IPad Pro which I’m using as a display for my MacMini via Yam Display. This is not an issue when using a regular size monitor.

With scripting you could start an external program
On Windows for example acrobat reader or on Mac “Preview”

//LINK edited.

When I clicked on Start external program from Gig Performer it said that page does not exist. I must admit to not having much experience with scripting. The blog How to make various elements of Gig Performer bigger inspired my thought on how to adjust PDF file sizes

Are you on Mac?

“When I clicked on Start external program from Gig Performer”

Where and what did you click?

Yes I am

Do you use this tool? PDFToGPChordPro

If you’re on Mac, try this: https://community.gigperformer.com/t/import-pdf-sheet-music-files/5730/4?u=npudar

1 Like

THX, I was searching for that…

1 Like

Yes I’ve been using that tool. And for the most part it works well. The only issue is when I display some PDF sheet music pages using my Ipad Pro as a monitor for my MacMini and Gig Performer and I try to adjust the page size in order to see the notation better the whole page doesn’t fit and I compromise by shrinking the page to fit the screen. So when I saw the Blog about how to make various elements of Gig Performer bigger that made me think about this issue. Again using a regular sized monitor is totally fine. Thank you npudar and Pianopaul for your suggestions and help!

Also if Gig Performer gets it’s own PDF reader it would be helpful if it could open a PDF sheet music file and scroll forward and back using a MIDI controller like GP can presently but not have to enter page numbers. The present method is fine but having that option would be very useful for those have a lot of PDF sheet music files

Do you use the ChordProPageOffset parameter of the System Action plugin?

I use two widgets with system actions. One is for NextSongPart the other PrevSongpart. They both work perfectly with turning the pages either direction. I’m assuming this is the ChordProPage plugin.

ChordProPage Offset

This is not a plugin. It is a parameter. See below:

ChordProPageOffset - controls the position and allows scrolling in the Song Lyrics/Chords Editor window (when the View tab is active). Note: this feature works as a proportion of the overall length of your ChordPro file and it does not jump to song parts (it simply allows scrolling the lyrics file from the Global rackspace).

(from the user manual, System Actions page)

Have you tried this?

Actually no. But I definitely will and let you know how that goes. Thanks for that tip!

I just tried it and it jumped through all the pages in the file with one button press. What settings should I use so that it goes one page at a time?

That parameter is intended to be added to a knob/fader to scroll the pages, rather than move through one at a time.

Thanks for that tip! I still think that GP should have it’s own PDF reader. A great product irregardless

im unable to get the pdf to chord pro converter to work. i drag pdf as instructed, it does what it is supposed to but when i paste in the chord window on gig performer nothing is displayed?