Gig performer and Camelot

Hello, i’d like to use gigperformer with camelot.
My goal is: from camelot change setlist or rackspace. Is it possible? which setting should i make in gig performer?
tks

I don’t know anything about Camelot or how you have connected (is it on the same machine or running somewhere else)

Mac or Windows?

Not sure why you’d bother with Camelot if you have GP though

They are on the same machine (mac)

Still not sure why you would use both but that’s ok.

If you’re on Mac, then just use an IAC port to send program change messages from Camelot to GP.

However, caveat - make sure you do not have any MIDI In Omni blocks in Gig Performer (i.e, use device specific MIDI In blocks)

I like i can select song part from ipad tks to camelot…the only reason

You previously said both applications were on your Mac.

If you are using an iPad, then you should consider using an OSC application like Lemur or TouchOSC

That will give you bidirectional control and feedback….way more power…See for example this blog article

What a strange idea!? :thinking:
Why do you need camelot once you know what you can achieve with GP? (Of course you are free of using whatever you want, but I found camelot quite limited…)

I just find camelot easier to control song and song part on ipad

With OSC you have a universe of possibilities

Meh, if that’s all you’re doing, then one of the sheet music applications, like Mobile Sheets, is a far better option and much less expensive,

But if you’re using an iPad or Android tablet, then as mentioned by others, using OSC gives you many more possibilities beyond just sending program changes

Thank you for the suggestions.
But…how can i set osc to see on my pad all my rackspaces or song parts to be able to change from the ipad?

I don’t understand the question — what iPad app are you using? As mentioned, an inexpensive program like MobileSheets can send regular MIDI messages to GP to change programs.

OSC, though far more powerful, requires you to use and configure an OSC application like Lemur or TouchOSC

Sorry i wasnt clear with my explanation.
I just want to reproduce the setlist mode of my kronos on the ipad. I found camalot app quite similar.

If you want to continue using your Kronos as a master keyboard for GigPerformer, you can also try the Kronos Remote app from Daniel Luscher (in the App Store). Maybe this is something for you?

Thanks for your answer but I don’t use the ktonos anymore. But the setlist integration with GP was superb. Im looking for something similar with the ipad. We need a GP remote control app

Why can’t you use for example TouchOSC to control GP?

I will try for sure!
Is it possible to use usb connection between iPad and mac instead of the wifi connection?

Seems to be possible, at least for MIDI
https://hexler.net/touchosc/manual/connections-bridge

OSC needs a network connection

Maybe such adapter helps

1 Like