Gig Performer 3.6 is now available on OS X and MS Windows

Gig Performer 3.6 is now available for OS X and Windows users.

GP 3.6 is mostly a maintenance release with a number of bug fixes and minor changes. However, there are two key new features of importance.

1. You can now choose MIDI devices that should not be opened by Gig Performer
    This is mainly useful for Windows users where many MIDI drivers do not allow multiple applications to open the same MIDI port, thereby preventing a plugin from being able to open a MIDI port to communicate with proprietary hardware

2. Gig Performer now uses the DAMAR software licensing system
    Users of earlier versions of Gig Performer 3.x will need to reactivate this version but can do so using their existing 3.x license.

If you were not prompted to automatically update Gig Performer, you can down the latest version from the main Gig Performer website . Although probably unnecessary, we encourage everyone to make backups of their existing gigfiles.

Updated online documentation is available here .

Other changes and updates

• The main audio input/output blocks now support OSC and GPScript

• Gig Performer for OS X is notarized for Catalina (OS X 10.15)

• Added a GPScript function to create a Sysex message from a string

• Added GPScript function to get the song count and a song name at a given index

• Added a GPScript function and an OSC message to request the caption of a widget

• Some internal DSP improvements

• Fixed problem where selecting multiple widgets, moving with mouse and then move with keyboard would reset positions

• Fixed problem where audio tail length was dependent on the number of output channels

• Fixed a crash in GP Script when handling OSC messages received very quickly

• Fixed bug where Midi In block could get a different name from the one user saved with

• Fixed bug where a button widget was not always updating its label properly when the value changed

• Fixed bug where clicking on the virtual keyboard of a MidiOut Block did not send out MIDI events

• Fixed a problem where customized caption field could be enabled when it shouldn’t be.

• Fixed problem where users on tablet-like devices running in portrait mode could not resize Chords/lyrics window properly

• Fixed problem where trying to reset PC numbers for rackspaces or songs with starting values greater than 127 was not working correctly

• Fixed problem where MaxScaledNote Velocity (a MidiIn Block parameter) was never displayed

• Fixed bug where program changes sent through MidiOut blocks didn’t obey channel remapping

• Fixed bug where bypassing MidiOut blocks wasn’t working

4 Likes

Hmmm…can’t seem to find the new 3.6 downloads. I keep getting 3.5.0.

Is there a direct link?

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Is it my imagination, or is GP loading faster and more smoothly under this new update (I’m on Win 10)?

I’m not seeing it (Win 10).