Fully Fleshed Out TouchOSC Interface

The layout I came up with was based on a few things. First, it was loosely based on examples Rank13 had posted in an earlier thread. From there, I modified it so I had 8 each of the knobs, buttons and faders that I could assign as needed in my GP rackspaces. I also discovered early in my testing of this that if I’m on a rent-a-stage and things are bouncing around a bit, my tablet, which was at the top of my keyboard stand would move around more than I liked and so I needed bigger targets on the screen to tap.

All the build out of the interface is open to view and edit as you see fit, so it can be modified for use on a phone if you like. You can keep all the scripting as is and just modify the control layout to suit your particular needs. As long as the control names stay the same and are located on the same tabs, the scripts should continue to work.

Cheers

Jim

2 Likes

Two things I was going to add to this that I have in my Lemur version (but I have to understand your design better first ) and maybe you might want to do this for general release

1. A tap tempo button so that you just tap to set the tempo
  2. A refresh button that will just tell GP to resend a bunch of useful info - this can be handy if there is a wifi network glitch

dhj,

Yeah there’s definitely room for improvment and I’m already working on a couple of them. On the Rackspace and Set List view there is a “Get Racks” and “Get Setlists” button to re-request them from GP, but it would be nice to have on the controls screen as well. Also, I need to add a global volume to the control screen as well so I don’t have to hop back to the other view if I need to adjust volume. I do plan to keep working on this and improving it, so input is definitely welcome.

Thanks

Jim

This is indeed the one you need with Lua scripting. I hate this scripting langage (from a developer point of view), but it make the new version of TouchOSC quite powerful.

1 Like

I hear you David-san. I’m not particularly a fan of Lua either. In my day job everything is either Python, GO or C++.

Yeah, there’s a reason we developed a proprietary DSL rather than just embedding Lua or Python

1 Like