Free Arpeggiator from Modalics ( only now for free)

Me too (actually I did not pick up Blue Arp).

1 Like

I just installed BlueARP. It, too, looks interesting. I like the new feature where you can select a mode that will pass one or two notes through, but playing 3 notes at once starts the arpeggiator. I also read his blog post on his struggles with BlueARP DM due to the current war in Ukraine. He has my sympathy. I wish him the best.

BlueARP DM struggles

Any additional reviews on EON-ARP?

Hello, Eyal!

GP4 could not find EON-Arp, even when I rescanned plugins. In fact, Logic Pro X 10.4.4 would not open the AU version…not sure why it appears to reference or clash with another plugin (Regroover Essential)…please see the following:

validating Audio Unit EON-Arp by Modalics:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1 
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aumu’ - ‘EOar’ - ‘ModX’

dyld: warning, LC_RPATH @executable_path/. in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/RegrooverEssential.component/Contents/MacOS/RegrooverEssential being ignored in restricted program because of @executable_path
Manufacturer String: Modalics
AudioUnit Name: EON-Arp
Component Version: 1.0.2 (0x10002)

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF

validation result: couldn’t be opened

Also, Ableton Live would not open the VST2 version. However, the MIDI FX version installed without issue.

Is there a minimum macOS requirement? As I am on an older MacBook Pro, I am still running Sierra 10.12.6. Thank you for your assistance. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Mike

From their website

Min OS Requirements:
Windows 10 / macOS 10.13

1 Like

Ah, thanks, David! Gèéz, I must be going blind…I looked but missed it (probably right under my nose, lol).

This must be the issue. I ran into the same roadblock demoing Cherry Audio’s Sines and GX-80. Time for me to get out of the dark ages and finally pick up a new M2 MBP. (Hopefully I’ll be able to use my trusty RME FF·800 with TB4->TB2 + TB2->FW800 adapters.)

I am trying this within GP. So, it seems bpm must be determined by GP. Ok.

I do not use a click track with my band.

So, I usually deal with drifting in tempo by retriggering the arpeggio (this worked with the Syntronik arp).

So far I have had no luck doing this with EON.

I know “retrigger” must be set (I will try this again).

But, on external sync mode, this would have to trigger restarting the tempo in GP. (I would have preferred if EON allowed you to use its internal clock even when used as a plug in).

So, if I use EON as a plugin in GP, is there a way to reset the time so it restarts the sequence exactly when I hit the note. (So far, it seems to delay the start of the sequence).

As always, I could well be missing something.

Thx.

Jeff