For free: Izotope Iris 2

VST3 is definitely crashing inside iZotope code. Please submit a report to them - we will do the same.

Thank you.

1 Like

It crashes gp every time I try and load the vst. Messaged the company and they said they dont support use in gp. Shame looked like a reasonable plugin.

1 Like

It crashes several other hosts as well :innocent:

I guess thats why its free lol

Yes VST3 crashes inside their code. Please submit the crash results to them regardless and ask them to add GP to their list…

Then it should start to work again, because the price is returned to 149€ :wink:

4 Likes

hi, I did submit the crash results and also got on a web chat with them. They didnt appear to be bothered the product crashed, just apologised that it did and stated GP was not supported.

Is there any host or DAW that crashes with VST3 and that is officially supported?

If so, please name me one, I’ll write them.

Unfortunately we will have to advise our users to stay away from iZotope if they continue to keep their head in the sand.

I personally love iZotope plugins, but the issue and the crash is clearly happening in their code and not only in GP. Saying that GP is not supported and having that be the official answer is somewhat lame.

We’ll see if they fix things soon, but if now - we will simply have to advise our users not to use their plugins until they officially start to support GP.

2 Likes

Examples: Crashes on Camelot on OSX

|0   com.izotope.audioplugins.VST.Iris2|0x000000010b916211 0x10b8e2000 + 213521|
|1   com.audiomodeling.CamelotAM   |0x0000000105e98047 
|2   com.audiomodeling.CamelotAM   |0x0000000105e95395

“Camelot is not an officially supported host for Iris 2, so we cannot guarantee that Iris 2 will operate completely.”

“Officially supported hosts for iris 2 are: Ableton Live, Bitwig Studio, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro X, Nuendo, Pro Tools 10 - 12”

As I already mentioned - we may have to start advising our users not to use iZotope plugins until they put GP on the list of “supported” hosts. The bug is clearly within the plugin itself.

I wrote them too. Let’s see what answer I get :smiley:

1 Like

Just confirming: today I tried Iris 2 and (like has been reported here) it crashed Gig Performer upon insertion of the plugin.
I sent a support request on the iZotope website.

For what is worth, here is iZotope reply today (12/18/2020)

"Gig Performer isn’t an officially supported host application, you can see supported hosts here:

If Gig Performer supports it, it may be worth testing both VST, VST3 and 32–bit & 64-bit versions or Iris 2.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Rolla
Customer Care Agent"

We have always been willing to work with any plugin developer to ensure compatibility with Gig Performer®. If the issue is on our end then we’ll just fix it and release an update as quickly as possible.

However, when the issue is due to a problem with the plugin itself , there is very little we can do other than to help the plugin developer with crash reports and explanations as to how to reproduce the issue.

To date, almost all plugin developers have been willing, indeed often eager, to find and fix issues with their plugins. It is usually the case that such issues occur because Gig Performer uses some plugin functionality that, while part of the official plugin standards, is not used by many other hosts and so is simply overlooked.

iZotope states that GP is not a supported host and they ignore the crash reports clearly showing that the crashes occur inside their code.

We are always ready to help plugin makers make their plugins compliant with the standards but, regretfully, we have hit a brick wall with iZotope as they do not seem to be interested in making their product more safe and robust.

Consequently, and with some regret, **we recommend that our users not include iZotope plugins in their live gig files as they can clearly make the entire gig unstable.

9 Likes

Do you have a list of culprit plugins from waves, Izotope or others that are known problems for Mac users?

Is Izotope still a no-go in late 2022 in conjunction with Gig Performer? I´m thinking about bying the mix and master bundle including the new Ozone 10

I have many plugins from iZotope but do not use them live.
That is not because they are not reliable, they introduce latency wich is too high.
Or they need too much CPU in my complex rackspaces.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification, Paul.