First note out of Kontakt is delayed

Thank you for posting and explaining this. Looking over your code clears a couple things up for me.
Example:I was thinking those “Note-Events” were what the scripting was needing to send a note.

Much appreciation!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

I’d like to try this script but don’t understand what “the handle” above is

If you right-click the Midi In block, there are menu options that allow you to set the name/handle that’s used by the script. The script above is assuming you have named it “MIN”.

Thanks. Much appreciated. So handle just means name, as in “My handle is Al?”

It can be anything you like (as long as it consists of just letters and numbers - starting with a letter).
Typically, one would use meaningful names to make the scripts clearer so if you have a MIDI In Block connected driven by your PS Guitar, you might call it PSGuitar

Hmm, I seem to have a similar issue with MODO Bass. Anyone else?

[Sorry, this issue is probably unrelated to this thread. I think it is related to sustain (cc 64) which (I think) triggers “ring” for the J-Bass in MODO Bass. I think by blocking sustain in the MODO Bass Midi In Block I may have fixed this issue. Maybe if sustain (cc 64) is allowed to to go through (when holding the sustain pedal), when I lift the sustain pedal it cut the MODO bass note short (so it seemed like it did not play at all?). So, blocking sustain in the MIDI IN block may have fixed the issue].

Could this be made into a scriplet?

This wouldn’t work with a drum vst would it? The drum and Kontact instrument would be out of sync would they not?

Manual Workaround, play a short note before you start playing.

True. In my case I use multiple racks per song. But before a gig I could play a short note for the few sample libraries/synths that have this issue

I returned to this thread because I think I solved this in my rig. Hopefully this may be helpful for other people who search this topic in the forum.

Bitlocker was turned on for my C drive. For some plugins (a few samples libraries and most modeled), I placed them on my C Drive.

I think that since I disabled Bitlocker on my C drive, I no longer have this issue.

So, maybe look into this (?)

That’s unlikely….the issue happens on Mac as well and seems to have something to do with Convolution being enabled.

1 Like

I know that this is an official recognized bug, but until now no improvement.

It is crazy to me that this has been a known bug for so long, yet NI won’t fix it…

I seriously doubt I will upgrade Komplete until this bug is fixed.

X

2 Likes

I believe it’s the convolution reverb in Kontakt that causes this.

The workaround I use is to either changed the reverb in Kontakt to a non-convolution reverb, or completely disabled the reverb in Kontakt and use a third party reverb (Raum or Melda products) in my rack space.

3 Likes

If you can come up with a reverb sound (or pick a patch) you like in MeldaProduction MCharmVerb for example, I have found all the MeldaProduction VST to be really impressively efficient and trying it this way (or any other VST) is trivial.

1 Like