First Ever Episode of Backstage in German!

Hello all!

This coming Saturday, June 17th at 9AM EST (15:00 German time), @schamass will be hosting an episode of Backstage with Gig Performer in German! He will be interviewing @LeeHarvey about his Gig Performer set up with is by far the most flexible I have seen to date. If you are a German speaker, and want to be a part of our first ever German stream, the link is below. (There will be auto-translated English subtitles as well)

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a typo in the date. It looks like it should be the 17th.

2 Likes

Thanks! I corrected it. :beers:

1 Like

Ich freue mich sehr Ć¼ber diesen Live-Stream. :slight_smile:
(Bin auch Mitwirkender bei dict.cc; letzter EN-DE Eintrag ā†’ LINK)

2 Likes

I will try also to join, despite my German is not that good.
I think this is the ā€˜global rackspaceā€™ which I also was trying to make. Still very interested to see what he did.

2 Likes

What I forgot to mention. The OSC app I use on my phone is ā€œTouchOSCā€.
https://hexler.net/touchosc

1 Like

Hi, just as another followup: what additional ressources does the Unify plugin take, compared to a direct plugin use in GP?

E.g., what additional latency can occur by wrapping an instrument or an effect with Unify?

Are there any rules of thumb?

Edit: could this number be seen directly in GP by hovering the plugin and the tooltip?

Edit2: PS: maybe we should start a dedicated Unify thread in the Plugins section?

I cannot detect or ā€œfeelā€ any additional latency. GP shows 0ms!? But just try it with the Unify demo version at your place.

1 Like

I saw that YouTube added subtitles to the video, which you can also view in English. Maybe someone can do something with it.

According to Erik, the transcript is not really usable (too many mistakes). Did you check it out?
(Iā€™ll analyze it a bit when I have some free time).