First attempt at mapping a knob on UVI Workstation

I’m new to Gig Performer and following the Getting Started documentation. I’m trying to learn how to setup a knob that is mapped to something in the plugin. For my first attempt, I’m using the UVIWorkstation Ravenscroft 275 piano. As simple test, I’m trying to map the Volume to the knob. When I select the UVIWorkstation plugin under the Mapping section I see a Bypass plugin as the first choice and then a bunch of Host Automation choices for parameters. I’ve tried clicking the “Learn Parameter” button then adjusting the volume of the UVIWorkstation plugin. I can’t seem to get it to map to the volume. Which one of the Host Automation parameters should I use to map the volume with?

Thanks,
-Greg

First - welcome to the community. Glad to have you.

You didn’t do anything wrong - you just happened to pick a plugin (UVI) which does not make host automation parameters available automatically. So you have to enable them yourself.

Here is the help page for Falcon (which is just the commerical version of UVI workstation). Following these instructions should work for you.

3 Likes

Thanks dhj. The information you provided was spot on. I got it mapped now.

Thanks again,
-Greg

2 Likes