Feature Request. Panels hide or display

It would be great to be able to show or hide panels based on variations for both local and global
EG I’m playing a Rackspace the variation only uses my guitars and mics, I could hide the panel for the keyboards.
I’m playing keyboards on a variation I only need to see the keyboards and mics panels not guitars
On the global, it would be nice to have a panel that shows only while in edit mode where you could hide all the system control widgets, or controlled by the Rackspace, so you only see it if needed eg keyboard/guitar/mics. I guess the wiring behind would need to stay active so they still work eg system controls.

You know you can hide a widget when not in Edit Mode?

Not quite what you are looking for… but I use a shape widget set to very low opacity that is grouped to a button. When the button is on, the shape widget is set to be off and vice versa.

I use the shape widget to cover up a pannel which effectively greys it out when I am not enabling that VST. In this case… it’s my backup Hammond Organ VST the B-3X. If I don’t have my organ with me or if something went wonky during a gig, I just click one button and several things happen (with out scripting) but one is the grey’d out pannel is now fully visible.

You can adjust the opacity of a shape using it’s ‘alpha’ channel value in the editor.

3 Likes

Ah mine is different, I have a “setup” panel in global which is used to set up input Gain and outputs levels / Enable, etc, and maps midi widgets to system actions to allow multiple midi devices to control songs/variations, etc.
It would be great to have a button on the side of the panels to just hide these once set up.
Likewise, I have a Rackspace panel that links to the global widgets by parameters so I can take snapshots of songs, during use it would be nice to be able to hide and show panels as needed to be shown per song or per Rackspace.