[feature request] Duplicate markers in Streaming Player

Hi, I’m slowly converting my gig file to fully take advantage of Streaming Audio File Player. So far so good, everything works fine - thank you for this awesome feature!

However I need to add markers to trigger lyrics changes on the prompter screen and for songs which have 50 verses I need to add 50 markers from scratch with essentially the same actions… I’d love to be able to clone a marker and place it next to cloned marker, so I could just move to where it belongs and maybe adjust mini message value.

The same would apply to markers which would be triggering lights - usually there are tons of them and it is very tedious to add every single one from scratch to the timeline.

3 Likes

This would definitely be a useful feature. I’ve added it to the internal issue tracking system for the devs to consider.

Thank you. I entered today ~60 markers - it was not fun. Felt like worst chore. :slight_smile: Marker cloning would be really a godsend.

But when you clone markers you would have to move that to the correct position.
So where is the time saver?

With the actions. If the actions are the same for each marker, it’s much quicker to change a few values on existing actions (e.g. change a CC value), than it is to add the actions from scratch.

5 Likes

This gets my vote also.

I’m in. :+1:

Ideally, I would like to use the same kind of function as for widgets in edit mode (hold click on a widget + type a number on the keyboard).

2 Likes

I would also love a way of grouping markers (assigning a category for them) and filtering view by groups. For example: all my songs have markers for: lyrics, lights and guitar effects. Many of my songs will have close to 100 markers so the timeline gets pretty busy very quickly.

Another way of achieving marker’s cloning could be marker templates, which would be user defined and would consist of list of actions ready to apply. This way I could create templates tailored for my needs: one for my guitar effect (which is PC-based), one for my buddy’s guitar effect (which is PC + CC based), one for lights, one for lyrics, etc.

Cloning would have one advantage over templates: cloned marker would remember current values, while template based markers would have actions always reset to default values.

But I would definitely use both features if they were available.