Feature Request: 128 channel mixer please

Could you get a 128 channel mixer option also please. I’m guessing this wouldn’t be a difficult addition.

It would never fit on most people’s screen. Even 64 channels would be a stretch.

I just did an episode on Backstage with Gig Performer and you’ll see why I need it.

But as your video shows, you can only fit 32 channels on the screen at one time. The 128 channel mixer would either have to stack 4 rows vertically, which still wouldn’t fit on your screen so you’d have to scroll vertically to see the remaining channels… or it would be one super wide mixer that you would have to scroll horizontally to see the remaining channels… Either way, you wouldn’t be able to see all channel displays at once, so how is that any easier than using the multiple banks of 32 that you have currently?

You keep replying, making incorrect assumptions about my setup. For the livestream/video I reduced the resolution of my display to 1920 x 1080 (HD), but my display natively operates at 3440 x 1440. At that resolution you’ll see from the image that I can readily get 4 x 32ch Mixers side by side, so yes a 128 ch mixer would fit, and you seem to forget that you can zoom the wiring view out also. I didn’t do that in this case (I didn’t need to). So my request stands I would like a 64 ch and 128 ch mixer option.

What I meant was, when you open said mixer, how many channels in the strip will show on the screen at one time?

The pushback from me is from my experience here of knowing that requests are deemed worthy based on their usability for many users. We all have personal feature requests of things that would make our own setup easier. How necessary they are to others is important.

As I stated in another thread:

2 Likes

I’m using now (or at least testing) a 32 channel (which is the maximum size) on a small laptop screen, and there is an easy way to do this using GPScript with the function SetPluginEditorXYPosition.

With this function, I change the location so I have either the first 1-16 (8 stereo channels) and last 17-31 (8 stereo channels) viewable. With a small script I can use 8 faders to change either the first 8 stereo channels volume, or the last 8. If there would be a 64 channel mixer I would use that. Of course I also could have used multiple 16 channel mixers, it would make my script a bit more complicated, but both are possible.