[Feature Leak] Reverse MIDI Polarity

We’re thrilled to introduce a new feature that simplifies MIDI polarity adjustments for sustain pedals using the Rig Manager. :musical_keyboard::twisted_rightwards_arrows: Now, you can effortlessly reverse MIDI polarity with a few clicks and rest easy knowing that your preference will be remembered for future performances with that specific setup. Say goodbye to manual tweaks every time! :sunglasses::bulb:

Check out the video overview below!

6 Likes

That’s a great idea! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ha ha ha

1 Like

I don’t understand the purpose of this function.
Can someone explain it to me with an example?

You can change the polarity of your controller with software when you can not change it on your hardware.

Sometimes sustain pedals work the opposite of what you want. So when you press it the sound wont sustain and vice versa. Some sustain pedals have physical switches to switch the functionality around. This allows you to do the same in gig performer with just software so it wont matter if your sustain pedal doesemt have polarity switch.

Thank you. I use a footswitch for sustain, so I was not aware of this problem with sustain pedals.

It depends: for example Korg pedals have inverted polarity if compared with Roland one so, also sustain pedal, woul’d work inverted (sustained on release and not sustained in press).

Sometimes the keyboard controller “detects” polarity and adjust itself accordly

If you only have one footswitch and you always use it with the same controller, you would probably not run into this issue.

However, if you use different rigs at different times, some keyboards expect “open” to be pedal pressed and “closed” to be pedal released — others expect it the other way. Some do actually learn by assuming on startup that the pedal is released and so they use whatever they see (open or closed) as meaning released.

Storing this information with your rig means you don’t have to deal with the problem during set up at a show.

2 Likes

Yes, that is exactly the interest I understand thanks to your explanations.
Another bonus to add to GP - save room for the other bonuses to come!

Oh, these are just the little changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

:yum:

1 Like

Yes, the icing of the cake is always the last :slight_smile:

1 Like

But, major improvement if you are on stage with a broken pedal and can borrow one with the wrong polarity.

3 Likes

…or never order a new one with bad feelings wether it will work or not.

3 Likes

Gig Performer … saving you money :slight_smile:

3 Likes

… and nerves! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

… and time! :wink:

2 Likes

Sort of hoping plug-in persist is moved into GP (an option in the Midi Input block?) to reduce clutter in rackspaces…(Thanks again to David-san!)

What do you mean by that?