Expression Pedal alter value

I have an expression pedal connected via my Nektar Pacer foot controller. Basically I would like a way to effectively say “if the incoming value is below 20, then set it to 0, otherwise just send the incoming value out”. I’m new to GP Scripting. Is there an example of something like this? In fact, is there a “library” of sample code somewhere?

Is this something you want to use generally (say: in each and every rackspace, always and everywhere the same) or only in some rackspaces?
Depending on your answer i would recommend a gig script (always), which would need some scripting action from your side, or a scriptlet (this would work just like any other plugin - no need for you to do any scripting), which you can use in those rackspaces where you need it.

2 Likes

Fully agree with that, but if it is not “for always”, perhaps that a widget with the right curve could be enough… (no scripting at all in this case)

2 Likes

Yes a scaling curve is exactly the right way to do this.
If you need it in multiple rackspaces, just copy and paste it

1 Like

That is what I ended up doing and it works. My only “issue” is that I was unable to get the “bottom” of the curve to be at zero far enough to the right short of drawing it best I could and hitting “smooth” 10,954 times! - which of course is still not really linear because I can’t draw with a mouse LOL! Maybe I’m missing a trick, but there seems to be no easy way to drag the bottom zero-value to the right.

Use a function

I’ve played with it … don’t really understand it … can’t get what I want.

Anyway … by drawing, I’ve got working to my satisfaction. I appreciate the scaling idea vs having to use a script.

Does this work for you?

Ken.gpscale (10.7 KB)

Open the scale editor and load this file.

The logic is:

• until 20 → 0
  • for 20 and more → pass it as usual (linearly).
2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks! - so steps to make such a thing?

You can simply cut the linear curve with your mouse.

But I wanted to play a little bit: I entered this expression:

… and then reversed the curve. :slight_smile:

2 Likes