Enso Looper, no playback

@Mell - are you pressing/using the Play/Stop button in Gig Performer? Loopers typically get synched with the host’s transport?

1 Like

I found that this is necessary.

The article is keeping the recording scenario explicitly out.

While dealing with loopers is finally blurrying the line a bit,
since you now have a mixed scenario: playing AND recording. :wink:
finally even stacking up the recordings, …so things could add up easily.
( but you shurely know what i mean :wink: )
guess it is a bit more complicated when the focus is on working with loopers.

The topic looks finally like this all is very fresh to the OP.
since 512/96khz makes not so much sense at all.

There is btw. a good video from Fabfilter about the 44/96 khz topic on YT.
its really good and totally interesting. much recommended

Yes - absolutely. We would never claim that there is no point in RECORDING above 48kHz. The entire article is done in the context of latency and sound quality when played live.

Well … only if the looper has some really fancy processing like saturation - there is also no point in running on higher sample rate with the looper. Most loopers will simply record the input and play it back.

This recording and playback with no change in the content after recording does not benefit from higher sample rate which is useful only in post processing.

Thanks to all for the great resources, tips and experiences! I will keep it at 48kHz with a buffer size of 128. Let’s see if I can get away with that on a loopersession!

Otherwise I might need to change the buffer size for the pieces which use the rackspaces which include the looper. I guess I would have to do that manually, don’t I?

Thanks again, back to playing now!