Enhanced Patch Persist?

Please do that

That should work

What version of Gig Performer are you using?
And what cc message are you using to switch a rackspace?

Latest version of GPā€¦ yes! I forgot to change the CC to 13 in the script which is what Iā€™m using.
Ideally I do actually need to go down as well as up with the patch changes.

ā€¦Have fiddled/started again so much with this now it all gets a bit confusing!

You must think Iā€™m a complete nincompoop! Hence to give you an idea of where Iā€™m coming from plus one of the songs I need to organise this for hereā€™s a live video recording of the previous incarnation of my group with me playing my rig using the A-50:

Watch the lower video: ā€œCall Of The Seaā€

2 Likes

When you do what I wrote it will work

Or you enhance your timing on switching rackspaces :wink:

2 Likes

OK! Gig Script looks fine now but the Current Rackspace although it compiles without line errors is still showing problems indicated in the black window script on the left hereā€¦ also I presume when I duplicate the current rackspace the same script will remain in each duplication yes?

I still donā€™t understand what ā€œTWā€ is and why I needed to name the Rig Manager TW?

TW is only a logical name, you can choose whatever you want.
But you have to declare what that is.
For this to work you have to give this logical name as a GP script handle to your MIDI In plugin.
In the above posts I showed where to do that.
By the way, there is a tutorial available in the documentation showing the basics of GP script.
Did you read that?

2 Likes

You have to assign your physical controller to the MIDI device alias in Rig Manager

Does it work now?

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for your help. I have yet to try it! Iā€™ve got sidetracked working on some musical arrangements today but will let you know when Iā€™ve got it working.

Itā€™s occurred to me that I have been approaching this scripting from the wrong angle. Making duplicate rackspace copies of my rig and swapping between them with patch persist engaged is slow to send out my master patch change to my Kronos. This master patch change is all I need to relay. Rather than reinterpret a pair of CC numbers (one for program up and one for program down) to change rackspaces I was wondering if I use a pedal like the Boss FC1-WL that actually sends out program change numbers with each press could I not conjure a similar script to force that incoming PC message to be held until sustain pedal and keys are lifted to then be sent out to my Kronos? In other words I would have just the one rackspace but the program change message coming in from the pedals (on midi ch 1) would be sent out to my Kronos (midi ch 1) which then changes all the plugin patches in my rackspace along with my hardware devicesā€¦?

I think what Iā€™m tying to achieve here is probably different from most people as I donā€™t need different variations of a rackspace- I basically have my whole rig set up as one instance and change patches on the various devices/plugins within it. Hence it makes no sense using multiple rackspaces and indeed as I have found out toggling between instances of them is way too slow to change the master patch on my Kronos. This is probably because what Iā€™m trying to relay is going through software which takes more time to crunch numbers! My Kronos receives its master program change from the A-50 directly via a Unitor 8 which of course is always going to be much quicker to effect the patch change.

ā€¦but maybe Iā€™m missing a trick here?

I cannot believe that sending out pc messages to your external gear is slow.

2 Likes

Yes, well over a second from when I hit the CC on my A-50 (just using one of the switches in a patch on the A-50 for this- nothing else being sent) to the change on my Kronos

ā€¦in fact the change of the actual rackspace on the screen is instant but its outgoing messaging isnā€™t!

So you say that when switching a rackspace the programmed outgoing pc message takes too long time?

Yes!.. Iā€™ve just made a quick videoā€¦

That is not normal behavior.
How did you measure that latency?

ā€¦Ahhhh! frustrating!.. cant upload the video to show you!.. Itā€™s easy to see by eye!

What can be seen?

I just filmed me hitting the switch on my A-50 and seeing the Kronos patch moving over a second later