Drones / chords sustain during song

Using Gp what would be the best way to trigger a pad to drone at the beginning of a song or even during it, latching it etc,

I’m thinking a variation with pressing the chord with latch learned , then triggered off and on as needed via host automation

I have a hint for you:

http://gigperformer.com/downloads/GPScript/SystemFunctionList.html

Search for AutoSustainer and you are ready to go.

I’m not an egg head yet,…,

Did I misunderstand you, are you not searching for that?

Uhhh, not script, just a practical live way, two notes on end of piano triggereing a pad to latch while playing rest of Key bed ( like a background tone ), I thought someone here might of had the experience of using patch drones , via nanokontroller host automation that would be different than my amateur version , which yours is…, but over my head ,

My experience is that scripting opens endless possibilities.
To implement all what is possible with scripting in standard features of GigPerformer does not make sense.

And this scripting language is easy to learn.
I understand people which do not want to deep dive into programming, but a little bit scripting improves
what GigPerformer is able to do.

If you swallow this bitter pill, you will be really excited what you can do with GigPerformer.
For example use AudioPlayer and automate all what you would do manually,
For example: switch variations, trigger volume fade outs, generate midi notes etc.

Wow, ive only just integrated kontakt giant piano instead of Omnisphere piano and automating Gp mixers , …snail moves, but that’s progressing for me , perhaps Gp will do a simple script tutorial for 1 or 2 synth sounds to make it accessible

While I don’t have time to get involved in designing user gigs, one obvious way to do this would be to use two MIDI In Blocks, both of which only allow a single note. So for example, suppose C3 is required to start some drone note.

you could have one MIDI In block receive only C3 and and use the Blocking option to block Note Off messages.
Then you could have another MIDI In block receive only D3, use the Blocking option to only allow Note Off messages and then use Transpose to drop the note number by two semitones.

Then pressing C3 would start a note and releasing would do nothing.
Pressing D3 would do nothing but releasing it would send a Note Off transposed down to a C3 and hence stop the drone.

But this is really a hack.

Much easier to do this with GP Script and a callback but I understand that some learning is required to go in that direction.

Thanks for your time, brilliant hack ( the drone would be a chord ), but using a chord and midi block all notes off/ on make sense to me

So you mapped notes to make a chord , and widgets were 0 on min and max with momentary , ( I guess u can latch also),