Display lyrics in multiple columns

Referring to Song Lyrics layout I’m wanting to divide my lyrics into columns.

Chordpro folks say the spec supports columns for “printing.” (Directives: columns | ChordPro). Does this mean printing to paper / pdf and not “printing to screen” or are the column directives not supported by GP?

I’ll be on PC so I can’t use the PDF trick, and would really like to stay inside GP for everything if possible.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 11.17.30 AM

Why can’t you use the PDF trick?

No unfortunately we don’t support all ChordPro directives

Perhaps I misread Paul’s statement here to mean it ONLY works on Mac (you know, since we see that all the time with everything haha)

Regardless, this would involve me using some other Chordpro-aware software to generate the PDF in the first place, no? If GP doesn’t support this directive, it looks like my next step is trying one of those.

Oh I see.

Please see this blog article – -we have tool that can be used to convert PDFs to images that are viewable using the ChordPro viewer in GP — it’s available for both Mac and Windows

This completely skips the thing I’m talking about - creating Chordpro formatted files (PDF or otherwise) with columns, in the first place. :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t know – you could presumably use a separate tool that fully supports ChordPro to create PDFs which you could then import into GP with this tool.

Just a suggestion.

1 Like

I think, maybe, this is what you’re trying to achieve??

If so, this was easily done in a word processor utilizing columns, exported as a pdf file, and then created using the available GP PDF for ChordPro tool.

If you’re wanting actual chords in the tune you would have to add them above the lines OR (as @dhj suggested) use a ChordPro app that supports the column option, save it as a pdf file and use the GP PDF for ChordPro tool. Good luck!

EDIT: The only problem I’ve found with the PDF for ChordPro tool is that the functions for transposing and/or changing text size are not usable.

1 Like

Well, I was hoping to use the chordpro formatting built into GP! I totally understand that a word processor / Save As PDF would work, but it’s at the expense of losing the awesome chordpro display formatting in GP.

The I’m missing is when the replies mention “use a ChordPro app that supports the column option,” which is what I was hoping GP was. Since it isn’t, I tried installing / running on my Mac and (as Chordpro themselves say) it’s a beast to get working on mac. So far I haven’t had much luck finding an alternative.

I don’t really want to buy more software, lol.

I guess I can’t edit my illiterate posts here. :rofl:

The *part I’m missing is when…

I tried installing *Chordpro on my mac

Just click the … 3 dots and then the pencil :wink:

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 1.56.10 PM
No pencil for me, sir!

1 Like

You should have now. I upped your trust level, you don’t seem like a robot spammer😜.

2 Likes

lol thanks man. All the letters after my name say I’m a hacker. “We’re the Good Guys, Marty” :rofl:Sneakers (1992): The Good Guys - YouTube

2 Likes