Disappointed New User - Unlisted Forum Post

Last month, I stumbled upon Gig Performer after watching a ton of videos on YouTube. The concept of building custom rackspaces for live gigs totally blew me away! Hooked by Brett’s videos, I downloaded the demo, joined the forums, and spent the next few days diving in. I watched many of the live streams, created my rackspaces, and tried to learn and write some scripts myself. The initial welcome from the community was fantastic, and I felt right at home after years in the Kronos communities.

I was particularly interested in using scripting for automation, but unfortunately, I encountered some noticeable latency issues with scriptlets. Determined to find a solution, I created a forum post last month to see if others had experienced similar problems. Initially, I received some helpful responses from dhj and David-san.

However, to my surprise, the post itself became “unlisted” to the public shortly thereafter. When I inquired about this, the replies suddenly stopped altogether. The last reply was 15 days ago. It’s been frustrating – now, with my trial period expired, I can’t test the software further, and the lack of access to help from the community leaves me feeling quite disappointed and muted.

Here is the original post link:

Despite this setback, I’m still very interested in Gig Performer. The initial learning curve was exciting, and I was genuinely prepared to invest more time and money into the software. However, the situation with the unlisted topic has left me hesitant to purchase. Is there a more appropriate way to raise latency/bug concerns within the Gig Performer community forums?

I’d appreciate any clarification on how these types of issues are typically handled. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Topics are sometimes deleted or unlisted if comments are made (usually by mistake) by beta users who have access to non-public information. The particular issue with latency on a chain of scriptlets was moved to a non-public categories for further discussion. After that, the particular thread just got lost. It happens sometimes.

If you need extra time to evaluate GP, please submit a ticket heigh our support system and your trial can be reset and extended.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, the developers are notified :slight_smile:

To extend your trial, please submit a new ticket here: Support : Deskew Technologies, LLC

2 Likes

I thought we were at the end of what we could discuss regarding the information we had about your issue. But, if you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like