Delay Compensation

Is there any sort of delay compensation in gig performer?
If for example, I want to set delay group of the drum kit so that it is time aligned

How would you play an instrument in real-time if it had to wait for something?

1 Like

That reminds me to the famous before button pressed trigger :wink:

1 Like

I use gig performer as a plugin host at Front Of House

That is also a live situation.

1 Like

How do I do that?

I do not really understand:
What is the concrete issue?

For example I have 2ms latency on the kick and snare channels. I have 0ms latency on the drum kit channels.

I want to align all 0ms drum kit to be on time with the kick and snare which have 2ms latency so that the phase alignment is correct

There is a compensation that happens by default when you have parallel paths and a latency-causing plugin on only one path.

Certain plugins like Melda MUtility allows you to add sample delays and NOT report it to the host, so should work for what you need to do.

Kick and Snare are routed through Gig Performer and back to the mixer?
The other drum kit channels are not routed through Gig Performer and are directly routed into the mixer?

All of them are routed to gig performer and back to the mixer but with different plugins

Ok, what plugins are you using for Kick and Snare?

Maybe that helps:

Voxengo Latency Delay won’t work because it delays10.000 samples by default, which is 0.226 s at 44.1 kHz. This amount is reported to the host, which will compensate this. After that the plugin adds a delay to the track. The result is the possibility to get a negativ delay. It is not possible to create a negative delay in the case of live situation, because it would be a sort of “before button pressed trigger”.

On Windows Voxengo Sound Delay would be a free and pretty good choice if you only want to delay a track by ms or samples. On Mac there is an Apple system plugin called AUSampleDelay.
This one does exactly this job for me on my MacBook.

2 Likes

What about this one ?

49 € if you simply want to delay a track? Wow…

This is what I need. Thank you

That’s the problem with their business model, you have to have a subscription or wait for one of their monthly sale. I own a bunch of Melda plugins which where all bought during sales.

It is true that the one from @Stoffel is free:

It is auto nothing, but if you can turn the pots by yourself, it can probably also do the job.

1 Like

MAutoAlign is 60% off at Plugin Boutique

3 Likes

I picked up a license for MAA on this sale. Glad I don’t have to wait for Melda’s weekly sale anymore. Plus, I saved an additional 10%! The following video was posted elsewhere on this forum, but I’ll repost it here. I won’t use Waves plugins anymore due to WUP and shell proliferation, so I was waiting for an MAutoAlign sale so I could use it in this application instead of Wave’s InPhase (which I have a license to, but won’t install it on my new DAW).

2 Likes

hmm, sale still on.
Has the MautoAlign also that capability to show both signals side by side ?

i like how phase align looks in that video. (showing both signals)
But: i also try to avoid waves as much as possible :wink: