DECAP and Gig Performer

DECAP is a Billboard Top 10, multi platinum-certified producer, sound designer, and the creator of Drums That Knock and Plugins That Knock. The series garnered over 5 million downloads, and it has helped shape the sound of modern rap, R&B, and pop music. Drums That Knock are being used on Grammy winning songs, and trusted by producers all over the world.

DECAP’s production and sound design credits include Beyonce, Madonna, Eminem, Dua Lipa, Elton John, Marilyn Manson and many others (click here to see this giant list!). His Drums That Knock samples have received over 10 million downloads, and and have contributed to shaping the sound of modern rap, R&B, and pop music.

This is what he has to say about Gig Performer:

Some quotes:

Why I use Gig Performer is when there’s a lot of latency in between when I push a key and
when the sound comes out, Gig Performer is like having a hardware synth on your computer!

Everything I do in Gig Performer records in real time!

Where Gig Performer shines is it goes directly into Total Mix, it goes directly into this Total Mix mixer so there’s no latency! I have it set to 16 samples which is ridiculously low!

Now the next thing I love about Gig performer is going to blow your mind!

What Gig Performer can do is literally the same exact thing the console does, it lets you track at very
low latency into your DAW! Just how I did with the synth lets you do it with the mic, too. This is an absolute game changer for my personal workflow!

Learn more about DECAP:

6 Likes

Hi!
This DECAP video made me wonder: How does it work on Windows? I have an RME Babyface, but On Windows, when setting the buffersize in Ableton, it gets changed also for Gigperformer. And setting the buffersize in Gigperformer, changes the Buffersize for Ableton.

I believe that @Angel uses an RME interface on Windows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent video!

1 Like

Yes. The ASIO driver buffer size is global for all applications, at least for RME Babyfaces. Latency is set at driver level, not on app level. Totalmix is just a (sometimes complicated) mixing interface by RME. Totalmix introduces no latency, and latency is not set in Totalmix.

I used to run it at 64 samples buffer, and because of some rare clicks and pops under heaviest load, I switched to 96 samples to have some headroom. And yes, together with GP it feels like instant sound as from hardware.

Well, you know …

2 Likes

Gr8 vid, DECAP! I’ve been using GP for recording all the way back to, I believe, v1x, using an RME Fireface 800 (as well as a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6); the DAW is Logic Pro X. Been a happy camper ever since. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Mike E. Dee

1 Like

Interesting Tik Tok clip.

7 Likes