"Deactivated after failing to initialise correctly"

Is anyone else getting this error with multiple plugins? So far I can’t use Dune 3 and Lush 101 because they are flagged with this error in the Plugin Manager. They run fine in Cubase so it’s not an issue with the plugin. Would love to be able to use the perfectly good plugins in Gig Performer 4. Anyone have a workaround for this issue? Thanks.

I am using Dune 3 and it is running fine.
What is your system?

Running Windows 10 on a Ryzen 7 laptop. They run fin in Cubase so not sure what the deal is with GP 4 deactivating them.

when you delete the red entry in Plugin Manager and do a rescan, what happens?

Tried it and unfortunately same exact error.

What version of Dune 3 are you using?

Do you have the 32 bit versions? I know that Lush 101 is an old plugin.

Actually, that’s not a valid assumption — there can be quite a few reasons why validation might fail. For example, a stupid anti-virus app might decide that Gig Performer trying to activate another library is malicious and kill the validation process.
Not saying that’s what’s happening here but…mistrust the obvious.

1 Like

I am using Dune 3 as well on a windows/Ryzen based laptop, no problems here. Maybe a re-install of Dune is worth a try?

I’m using the latest version of Dune (3.5). I actually uninstalled the VST3 version and installed the VST2 version and now it’s working. It only seems to have an issue with the VST3 version. So that solves the Dune problem.

I installed the 64 bit version of Lush 101 and that gave the error. I uninstalled that and installed the 32 bit version and it still didn’t work so both 32 and 64 bit versions aren’t working. Other D16 plugins I’ve installed are working though so not sure why Lush 101 isn’t working.

Gig Performer only validates 64 bit plugins.

It’s possible that there is so much clutter in the folder where Lush is installed and perhaps there are now some wrong versions of DLLs in there.