DCO-106 from Cherry Audio

Anyone using this plugin from Cherry Audio?
I am testing the new Model 84 from Softube and would like to compare to DCO-106
The Modular 84 VST3 version is not working at all in Gig Performer - I just contacted Softube.
And Model 84 is consuming CPU even when not played …

I own it but don’t use it very often… “Jäger und Sammler”, i guess you know that… :innocent: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

How can i help you?

1 Like

How is the CPU usage?

It’s quite heavy on CPU…
On my PC (i7-9700K @4GHz / 32GB RAM / WIN 10) the CPU% of Gig Performer climbs up to 30% if i use a Pad sound (with lots of reverb and long sustain) and grab with two hands as many keys as i can… with normal playing it usually varies between 20% and 25% (using the same sound).
Other sounds which are shorter or come with less reverb will use less CPU.
Without playing anything the CPU usage (in GP) shows between 1% or 5% depending if the reverb section is active or not. The same effect shows up while playing - the reverb of the DCO consumes about 5% of CPU load (in GP).

Thx for that info.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: :beers:

I own it, but at the moment I don’t use it.

On my PC (i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz / 64GB RAM / WIN 10) I just testet Cherry Audio DCO106. With a Pad Sound the CPU% of my GP4 climbs up over 40%. I have not installed Cherry Audio DCO106 on my MacBook.

Wow….what is your typical cpu usage with other plugins?

On my Windows PC (i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz / 64GB RAM / WIN 10) 10% to 15%. With Hammond B-3X almost 30%.

On my MacBookPro (late 2013) it is slightly less overall.

I try not to use VSTs which use more than 20% except the Hammond B-3X.

1 Like