Dave Boulden

I’m answering a question from a related thread, but putting it here as it is more appropriate.

@FouxVentur asked:

I have a Lenovo M920q, but I have modified it to bring it up to the same spec as an M920x. It involved swapping out the CPU cooler for one from the M920x that I picked up as a spare part on eBay. I then swapped the CPU from an Intel Core i5 8500T to an Intel Core i9 9900, but most compatible Core i7 variants would have done the job also, I just saw a good deal on an i9. The most important spec of a CPU for GigPerformer is the single core frequency - multiple core may be useful depending on which plugins you use as some can utilise multiple cores. The ThinkStation P360 Tiny you mentioned would also be a good selection.

It has 32Gb ram and I have recently upped storage to a 2Tb NVMe SSD (Crucial CT2000P3SSD8).

I had to hunt for the screen I use. The brand name is WiMaxit. I was originally using a 10" screen (I had to import it via AliExpress) but am now using a 14" WiMaxit screen I picked up on Amazon (it is listed as 14", but I think in reality, the screen area is 13.3"). You might find a 7" a bit too small for the GigPerformer UI - I certainly did. Here’s the link for the 14" one I am using now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08JPR1YL5/

2 Likes