Customizing the audio mixer?

The default controls on the Audio Mixer seem to be only channel volume, pan, solo and mute.

Is it possible to add Aux Sends / Aux returns and a Stereo Master Fader?

Thanks,
Joel

You can create any version of that you like using the built in Mixers and Gain/Balance Controls of GP.
Here’s an example:

9 Likes

Hey EDM11, thanks for the reply and the info.

Though, what I was originally asking…I was hoping that the the “mixer” (itself) could be customized so to look-and-function more like a traditional mixer…an all-in-one GUI. I guess it would look something like the mixer that you see in Reason.

The whole point of GP is to not distract people with busses, sends, auxes, inserts that make sense to experienced mix engineers but just get in the way of the musical creation process. In GP, the philosophy is that if you want a sound to go somewhere, just make the wire connection!

2 Likes

I’m afraid that if this were the case, many musicians who are not sound technicians would be put off by the visual complexity of such a mixer.

And although I am personally very comfortable with mixing consoles, in GP I get to the heart of the matter more quickly by creating the routings with the basic tools offered in GP, because in this context I am thinking solely as a musician.

2 Likes