Cubase or studio

How to use Gig performer 4 in studio one or cubase 11? as Vst host

Because GP is not a VST it cannot be used inside another VST host as a plugin.

1 Like

There are several ways to run Gig Performer along with a DAW so that you can record your live performance.

See for example this blog article

3 Likes

Yeah, I like this approach, build a gig for live and use it like described in the blog this way, when the studio work is done, your rig is lso ready to perform live. You won’t have any concern regarding how you will reproduce live this monster sound you got in the record and which has been obtained with a stack of several synths… it is already in the GP box :wink:

That is an awesome idea. I’ll keep it in mind for anything I expect to be playing live after recording. Most of what I record is not really intended to perform live since my band essentially only plays covers.

X

1 Like

This is a big part of the philosophy behind Gig Performer, though it was only first elucidated by @arsdivina some years ago. The notion is that GP is part of your instrument, the same as your effects pedals or amplifier and the recording process is something entire separate, and not part of the sound design or playing process.

3 Likes