Crash with the Stream Deck extension

I tried the extension yesterday : it breaks at least one of my gig files (with 4.7 and 4.8.2) ! with it installed I try to open this gig, it gives me an error message “loading failed, unknown error” then it crashes. As soon as i move the Dylib file out of the extensions folder and reopen everything, it works as expected. I would be very happy to help debug this !

So are you saying it works with some gigs but fails with others?

Can you please post the crash log?
Do you use any other extensions?

@timothyschoen
I see this other post: Help GP + Stream Deck - #3 by Abgraal

@Abgraal
Let’s please continue in this thread.

Hi, thanks for trying it out! If you’re okay with it, you can send the gig file over to me, so I can try to open it, and see what’s going on?

sure. when I open it, every rackspaces load but it crash when it tries to load the setlist. the number 458 in the name is for Gigperformer 4.5.8, this is a file i can still load in this version ,with a warning

Bad Name - Tribute Bon Jovi copie 458.gig (6.8 MB)

1 Like

Can you please post the crash log?
Do you use any other extensions?

No other extension. Where do i find the crashlogs ?

It’s OK, I can reproduce on Windows 11 with your gig file. We have the crash log.
This will be addressed. Thank you for reporting.

So the extension makes GP crash in Windows 11 ANd Macos ? At least it’s a “reliable” bug ! :blush:

Can’t wait to use My iStreamdeck app to control GP, and this will make buy one true device… thank you !

Do you have a smaller gig file that can reproduce this issue?

Never mind - I was able to get rid of all the rackspaces and still produce the error

No this is the only gig file that trigger this crash, all my other gigs seems to work
Cool if it still “works” without the rackspaces !

[/quote]

Do you have a smaller gig file that can reproduce this issue?

Never mind - I was able to get rid of all the rackspaces and still produce the error
[/quote]

I think we know what is wrong and we’ll try to get an update ASAP

1 Like

This isn’t related to a crash per se , but rather an issue I’m wondering about , how does the plugin extension work with additional instances of GP4 open and installed :slight_smile:
, of course when the additional instance loads it will query about installing it , I’ve found the stream deck itself becomes glitchy and flickering with two instances of GP 4.82 , could be unrelated but thought I’d throw it in here , thanks

This should be fixed in this version: Release beta-2 · timothyschoen/GigPerformer-Streamdeck · GitHub

Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

The GigPerformer plugin is currently not made with multiple instances of GigPerformer in mind. I assume that GigPerformer will then load the extension twice too? Right now, the communication mechanism between Stream Deck and Gig Performer only works between one sender and one receiver. This can be addressed in a later version though.

1 Like

I will uninstall it , then re install only for the instance I want to utilize with stream deck , thanks
edit is there a work around to “show Global Rackspace” perhaps a future feature request .

Thanks again…

Yes, this is demonstrated in the blog article.

• Show/hide the Global rackspace.
  • Quickly change from local Edit mode to Global Edit mode (and vice versa).
1 Like