Crack sounds with Keyscape (using sustain pedal)

Hello there,
I don’t know what is happening, I never had this probleme before.
When I’m using the sustain pedal, I get cracks sound.
Only when I press the pedal.
Here’s a link, low cpu so it’s weird.

Have you encountered this ?
Thanks
1 Like

Your level indicator in keyscape is very low.
How did you do it?

I didn’t do anything special :slight_smile:
It’s maybe the outs of Gig Performer.

No it is the shown level within keyscape, not Gig Performer.
And because of loud noise you make with your feets (?) I cannot hear crackles :wink:

1 Like

Here’s the recorded sound within Gig Performer :slight_smile: Cracks.wav.zip (4.9 MB)

How look the levels in gig performer, gain controls, levels of audio interface?

1. What audio interface are you using
  2. What audio driver are you using
  3. At what sample rate are you running
  4. What is your buffer size
  5. How much RAM in your computer
  6. Do you have hard drive or SSD? Is it internal or external?
  7. How much empty space is left on your drive?
  8. Does this problem happen with any keyscape sound or just one sound?
  9. Has this always been happening or did it just start happening recently
    9a) If the latter, did something change on your computer? Windows update, Keyscapes update? Other applications installed?

1. What audio interface are you using : Steinberg UR22 (MK1)
2. What audio driver are you using : Core Audio
3. At what sample rate are you running : 48000 Hz
4. What is your buffer size : Usually 128 but here it was at 512
5. How much RAM in your computer 16Go
6. Do you have hard drive or SSD? Is it internal or external?: SSD Drive, but I use external drive for most of my VST.
7. How much empty space is left on your drive? : 80Go
8. Does this problem happen with any keyscape sound or just one sound? : I’ll check later
9. Has this always been happening or did it just start happening recently : first time today
9a) If the latter, did something change on your computer? Windows update, Keyscapes update? Other applications installed? : nothing changed. (I’m on mac os 10.14.3 Mojave)

I had pretty much the same Keyscape sustain pedal crackling noise issue when my MBP’s OS was Mavericks (10.9). Having since upgraded to El Capitan (10.11) and, currently, Sierra (10.12), I have not experienced this issue (using GP 3.6.1).

I’ll recheck, though I do not expect this issue to resurface; should it, however, I will report back. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Mike

2 Likes

Are you sure that the load of Samples was finished when you started playing.
In Keyscape you have to option to use less samples when playing live.
It is called “Thinning”
You know about that?

So if it used to work (with the same sound, presumably) and just started failing “today”, then I can absolutely guarantee you — something changed! There’s no magic here.

And today you Said you have issues with your usb hub.
Are you loading keyscape samples from external Disk?

Yes, everything was charged. I know about sample thinning but since my computer is quite performant, I would have think that I didn’t need it :slight_smile:

Maybe this is due to my usb hub that’s not powered and quite cheap, with 4 entries on it.
When I plug it very often the wifi stop working :crazy_face:

Yes I am

1 Like

What happens when you play the standalone version of keyscape?

I have the exact same problem, and only in Keyscape inside Gig Performer 3 (sustain pedal crackles). Keyscape works perfectly in stand-alone mode and inside any other host (tryed Maschine, Studio One and Bitwig so far). I have a i9 octa core 10900 processor, 64Gb of RAM, two Samsung EVO 970 SDD and a RME BabyFace Pro FS (128 samples, 44.1). Already tried thinning the samples but it’s not working. Inside other host I work at full throttle with no issues… (also Omnisphere works fine)

1 Like