CPU spikes in GiGPerformer4 caused by NI Plugins

Hi…i have a Problem with CPU Spikes on GIGPerformer 4.
If I load my GIG File, my CPU spikes goes up to 80% and stay there…If i activate WLan , CPU falls down to 8-18%.I deactivate WLan and the CPU stay by 10% for all Rackspaces.GIGPerformer 3.8 I have no Problems with the same GIG File…
I have a Clevo Laptop with plugins from…Native Instr(FM8,GuitarRig 5 & 6,Kontakt 6.6)…Arturia V8…Korg Legacy Collection…Musiclab LPC…
Soundcard…Yamaha MODX7…in Combination with the Laptop…
All Comunicatons with the Internet a disabeld in all Plugins, that i have…
I have Win 10 1909…32GB Ram…
In GIGPerformer 3.8 …there are no CPU Problems …have anybody a Idea…thanx for your Answers…

Hi @charlysroom,

welcome to the family :wink:

Maybe that helps:
https://gigperformer.com/if-your-fans-start-running-hot-when-you-load-gig-performer-its-probably-not-gig-performer/

1 Like

Just for the troubleshooting sake, I’d simply:

• Open a problematic rackspace or a gig file,
  • Note what plugins are there,
  • Disable one by one in the Plugin Manager,
  • Reload the gig file.
  • Repeat these steps until CPU goes to normal.

Of course you do these steps while monitoring the CPU activity in the Task Manager.

When you identify the culprit(s) (i.e. after CPU cycles return to normal) see the settings such as: “Automatically update”, “Check for updates”, “Send anonymous data”, “Usage data tracking” (basically all settings that will cause a plugin to contact “home”).

NB: you are using a dated Windows 10 edition (1909). The latest is 21H1.

1 Like

Thank you for your Support…i know…i have to do this…but…my main question is…wy work GIG V3.8 perfekt with my Live GIG Session, and wy…have GIG 4 this problem…
The Communication here… is Great…thanx a lot…

I am back to 1909 because…21H1 was the problem…but… it wasn’t…so…i made a downgrade…sorry for my written Englisch…i am from Austria…🤦

Well, a service like Google Translate may help you out with Deutsch <–> English. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what was the problem, but be aware that 1909 is not supported by Microsoft any more.

Can you please do the steps like described in previous posts to isolate the issue?

1 Like

I had Win 10 21H1…CPU problem with GIG4…no Problem with GIG3.8…i downgraded to 1909…the same Effect…Windows is not the problem…with and without windows optimizing…the same Thing…all Plugins optimized without internet tracking…the same thing…but…CPU spikes are not 80%…now…its 70%…GIG3.8…8%…if my Plugins are the problem…wy only in GIG 4…thats it…all other stuff…with isolating plugins and so on…that comes later…you know…

Did you check your plugin preferences?

1 Like

Jepp…

And no plugin used in your gig tries to send usage data?

1 Like

Jepp…

Might be related to your AV, which is not properly configured to allow GP4 to work.

1 Like

Sorry…AV…?

When you switch rackspaces, does the CPU usage change?

1 Like

I have to say that in the GIG 4 the CPU display shows 8%, but in the task manager it shows 80% …

no … it stays at 80% and after a good 2 hours of use … 100% and audio fails …

Yes, that effect I know
So does that CPU usage change when you switch rackspaces?

I dentified the demanding rackspace and deleted plugin by pluging and watched the CPU.
Then i figured out that the NI Plugins when usage tracking is activated can stress the CPU.

1 Like

I’ll check that tomorrow … then I’ll report again … now I need a beer … thank you all for the time being

Anti virus

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:Thanx…