Core Parking helpful?

Can someone explain core parking to me please? Is it necessary or helpful when using Gig Performer?

As far as I know is only useful to save energy. I would not use it.

Check out this useful little Windows 10 app: ParkControl. It’s free, but you can buy a “Pro” version with lifetime updates for $4.95. The money just supports development. The app is fully functional either way.

I’ve been running their Bitsum Highest Performance profile for years.

What does this bring ?

I’ve got the Bitsum app, also their other one called Process Lasso. Then I started reading with about half and half readers fore and against. So I was wondering whether the app was useful or not.

This seems to be the same as Turboboost for the Mac

https://www.rugarciap.com/turbo-boost-switcher-for-os-x/

I installed this in a laptop just to see, it certainly resulted in lower temperatures when I disabled turbo boost but I have not tried using Gig Performer with it

This blog post will give you a very good idea of what’s going on. Note that with the newest Intel CPUs (Skylake and newer), core parking control has been moved on-chip (the OS was too slow in burst conditions).

Ok, based on the comments, I’ve reinstalled the software. Hard to gauge whether it’s doing anything useful though.

You’ve just described about 75% of all software products :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ha, ha, ha! That why I ask to for advice from people more knowledgeable than me.