Controlling Streaming Audio File Player Track Choice

Hi.

Suppose I have loaded a set of .wav loops into the SAFP.

I would now like to use a knob to select between these, live.

I can connect a knob widget to the the track parameter of the SAFP, but then two issues appear.

1. How can I bound the knob’s range to the number of loops available (e.g. 14 as above)

2. Is there a way to set the SAFP to complete the playing track (loop) before advancing to the next one?

I think some really cool things could be done with live selection of loops!

For this kind of firing loops I would use a dedicated sampler
like Battery or Decent Sampler or Kontakt etc.

FWIW, it took me seconds to drop these files into the SAFP. If I could switch between them with completion-before-change, I’d be home.

In any case,if it is up to the SAFP to set the upper bound of a widget controlling the track parameter, then I think it would be good if the SAFP kept that upper bound at the highest track number actually loaded.

OTOH, if the widget has a say in the top scaled value it can output, how can I set that?

I am lost, what do you want to achieve?

That would be a disaster – once you added or removed a single song, the widget values would be broken. That’s why there’s a predefined Min and Max

Scaling curves - it’s all in the user guide!

What I haven’t been able to get from the docs (so far) is how to set up so that the full range of the widget causes traversal from the min to the max at the destination (scaled value).

Here I am trying to range from Track 1 to Track 14 in the SAFP.

I want those 14 outputs to take place across the full range of the knob, not across 0 - 1.4 on the knob (leaving the vast majority of the knob unused).

What do I need to do to configure that?

Max value should be 1.3.

1 Like

It is implemented this way.
When the Knob is fully right is sends 0.14 (yes you entered 14, but the value is 0.14)
So 100 means 100% and sends out the value 1.0

What is the issue?
The graphical presentation?

Yup, that’s it. Now I’ll keep studying until I understand it!
Thanks Ed!

The desired result:

https://www.screencast.com/t/ekvNnIUC5Ar

For this particular example, if you look at the max Track Number value with the knob all the way up without any scaling, it shows 1001.
You have 14 tracks, which means you need 13 additional values after 1.
That’s why you’re scaling to 1.3 to get a total of 14 increments.

1 Like

If this is right and sensible to all, I’ll leave it here. If not, I’ll delete it.