Controlling MIDI File Player through GPScript

I am using your gig. I thought I understood what was supposed to happen but I’m not sure anymore… Here are the steps I took:

1. I changed the midi in block in the global rackspace to my midi input device.
  2. In Rig Manager I give Local GP Port an Alias
  3. Double click to “learn” CC
  4. When I press pedal, a pop comes up saying "multiple devices detected. Please select a device you want to to learn this even from. " Choices are IK pedal (the actual hardware I’m pressing) and the Local GP Port. I choose the Local GP port. At this point, when I press my IK pedal, both the IK pedal and the new alias Local GP Port are blinking.
  5. I add a Midi Control Alias in Rig Manager, click midi learn and again a pop up asking me if I want to choose IK pedal or Local Port. I chose local port. If I add a widget and want to control it in the MIDI options drop down arrow, my newly added midi Midi Control Alias is there.
  6. I save Rig Manager and close.
  7. I go to Global Midi and learn my IK pedal to a global Midi assignment. (Prev var/song part)

When I go back to the Rig Manager and press my IK pedal, only the IK pedal device is blinking at this point (not both with the Local GP port like before). When I check my Midi Monitor from my IK pedal Midi In block, nothing is coming in when I press that pedal. When I try to control the widget with the midi control association, its not working. Looks like I lost that CC once I assigned it to the gloabl Midi setting.

What did I do wrong?

Did you use my Gig?

Oops, seems that the global midi assignment is before anything else.

So a workaround could be to use the plugin “System Actions” the global rackspace.
Use widgets to assign NEXT and PREV to the parameters of this plugin and Midi Learn that 2 Widgets.

Well, not a workaround – that plugin was specifically designed for purposes like this :slight_smile:

You are absolutely right