Controlling instruments in global rackspace

Ok… i just made a very basic rackspace combination (global/local) with flexible keyboard splitting and transpose, which shows how to use widgets and global parameters to use rackspace variations for controlling both, the local plugin as well as the global plugin regarding keyboard splitting and transposition.

I used the piano and organ plugins from LostIn70s so that everything should work out of the box for anyone.

So according to the demands, i put the piano in the Global Rackspace (so it’s gonna be loaded only once), then i connected the min/max note of the global MIDI-IN block with Global Parameters #1 and #2 and the Transpose value with Global Parameter #3 to make them available for local rackspaces.
The audio from the local rackspaces comes via the “From Local” block which then goes into 8ch mixer to adjust the volumes (you could use global parameters for these as well)

In the local rackspace there needs to be a “To Global Rackspace” block which not only sends the audio from local to global but also makes the global parameters available locally!
Then i used 3(!) knobs for the global splittpoints and transpose (connected to the respecting global parameters) and the same number of knobs (plus an additional “Gain to global” volume) for the local sound source.

Now all the settings can be done from the local rackspace via variations (i made some examples for diffrent setups).
Of course every other local rackspace can access the gloabal parameters via the same mechanics - one could also use the local rackspace as a template to build new ones with other plugins to be combinated with the global sound sourc(es) - of course there could also be multiple plugins in the global rackspace (maybe you’d had to take care then for bypassing, midi filtering etc…)

Global-Local combination with split.gig (241.4 KB)

…hope this helps to better see how things work. :nerd_face:

3 Likes