Control iConnectAudio4+ hardware mixer via sysex

Hi - I’m looking for a way to control the levels of my iConnectivity audio interface from within Gig Performer. It’s too laggy to process the audio itself through GP, so I started looking for ways to remote control the mixer directly. From what I understand, the Auracle app uses sysex to control all sorts of things in the hardware. I’m really just looking to create some virtual sliders to control the 4 audio inputs (I’m using them as a mixer for my hardware synths). I found this reference document and it kinda makes sense, but I am assuming I will need to write a GPScript to translate the slider movements into sysex events. Has anyone done anything like this?

I took a quick look at that manual, and I’m vaguely familiar with their products but have never worked with one.

The good news is it looks like you could do what you’re looking to do with either GPscript or through the external API. I think SetMixerInputControlValue (Command ID =0x5D) is probably the one you want for controlling the input levels.

The bad news is there’s a lot of stuff in the messages you have to send, including a device ID, a serial number, and a checksum. Once you have all that info it’s not hard to just pack it all into a MIDI message, but getting all the protocol stuff coded correctly won’t be a trivial exercise.

2 Likes

Hi,

sorry for coming up with this old topic again!

Did you write some script(s) for the iconnectivity? I’m searching the whole day for a control solution. My Focusrite and XR18 can be controlled via midi :frowning:

I wrote the guys from iconnectivity but until now there is no answer :slight_smile:

Hi - I messed around with it a bit but I could never get it working right. I ended up just trying to pre-level everything the way I could and would control it in other ways. I still have it, but have been using a more cut down rig with a Flow8 recently and that is much easier to work with.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I checked, the Volume and the Level features of the Audio Out section and I think it’s enough for my only software setup.