Changing Presets in Amplitube 4?

As far as I can tell, it does not appear that PC messages can be assigned to Host Automation in Amplitube 4, and I can’t figure out how to deal with this. Amplitube will respond to PC messages no problem, however the way GP handles PC messages make this problematic for me. Maybe hopefully there is an easy solution I have not been able to figure out?

I was hoping that the option to Pass through unused incoming Program Change messages would also pass through unused PC messages from devices not assigned in Accept Program Change Messages from any Device but no such luck. It would have been nice if there was an option to assign a midi channel for incoming PC messages you want to be used for rack changes while passing on the unused channels.

But that brings me to the second problem ,the manual says it only passes the PC messages to the first VST in line. But of course Amplitube is not first in line. I was just thinking as I write this that maybe I can just make a MIDI connection from the MIDI In block to Amplitube as well and block everything but the PCs and maybe that will work? There would be two first in line? I don’t know, looking for some help?

Just using the Pass through unused incoming Program Change messages is not a real solution for me as I could not use a knob to scroll through presets as I couldn’t risk accidentally changing rack spaces.

You can take a look at this, I made a short video which shows how to deal with PC messages and Kontakt.
Maybe Aplitube works the same way.

Widget to change programs/bank in Kontakt?

You also could use scripting to send PC messages.

Thanks @pianopaul. Unforunately the video doesn’t apply…PC does not come up as a parameter to map to in GP. And in fact with Amplitube you have to assign what is used for host automation yourself in Amplitube… and PC messages are not possible to assign, as far as I can tell.

Scripting seems way out of my league, but I will have to look into that as it seems a definite solution

You should be able to do this:

With this mapping a PC message is sent to the Midi In Block and then to the connected Amplitube.
When you move the widget the different PC messages are sent.

oh yes! I’m sorry I did not understand, but this should do the trick. Thanks so much!

Also don’t forget the option to pass unused PC messages in general options so if you set up your Amplitube to respond to PC messages that are not used in GP it should work as well.

Consider though why are you sending those PC messages into your plugin (Aplitube). Most likely you are switching the patch within the plugin.
It is far better and more flexible to create a rackspace for each of your sounds. You get smooth transitions with tail length control and zero glitching in GP if you do it that way. If you rely on the plugin - you could get glitches, delays etc…