Can I Stay in Global Rackspace when changing Variation from Global?

I have a buttons in my global rackspace to go to the next or previous variation…and when I use it my rackspace changes to the rackspace of the variation instead of staying in the global rackspace. I need to stay in the global rackspace when a new variation is put active…is there a way to prevent the rackspace form changing?

I do not understand, can you post some screenshots?

No, but when you are in Panel view of the rackspace, you can click on the Global Rackspace area at the bottom to show the widgets in the Global Rackspace. You can then activate the next/previous variation widgets from there and the Global Rackspace view won’t change.

1 Like

Thank you for that suggestion/ That view is very hard to use because in it the Global and the panel rackspaces are limited to a single 2U rack each so I need to do a lot of scrolling to accomplish anything.

You can have multiple panels in the global part

2 1U panels, yes, but I need to be able to use a touchreen and manipulate things…so I have 2 2U panels in my global space to make everything desired accessible. I can probably shuffle things between panels to make things more usable. The non-Global panel area also is too limiting but I may be able to redesign that as well. Would be nice to not have to jump to another view though just because I want to use variations.

It’s a good suggestion.

1 Like

Is there a suggestions submission mechanism? I have this and a few more: (1) Use the content of a comment in a label or provide user variables from a single comment (substitution pattern and value pairs) and allow user variable (substitutions strings) in text areas of widgets (2) add a vertical text widget like the tape label widget (3) Add a multiple choice widget (like to select output values for a mixer widget), (4) Allow widget icon color selection, (5) Allow Shift Click on a connection to remove the connection…keyboard shortcut (sometimes dragging results in the connection going someplace else…really dangerous…and right clicking and selecting a menu item is time consuming with lots of connections top manipulate). (6) When dragging widgets in the wiring view, when hitting the edge, scroll the view.

You can create a feature request, here: https://community.gigperformer.com/c/feature-requests/18

Yes, we love receiving suggestions. It’s helpful to provide use-cases and suggestions get rated and prioritized based on how much impact we think they will have for the larger user base.

Most of your suggestions make sense but I don’t understand the use-case for the first one. What are you trying to do where you need user variables and why can’t you use GPScript for such things?

I am using this for vocals and sort of making a mixer…it would be nice to have channel Names and not just numbers appear in multiple places. These change by variation and between uses of the tool, plus they appear in multiple panel labels. It would be nice to be able to define these values once and let the software substitute the desired values in text fields in widgets that hold the substitution string. Then they can all be changed in one place and all uses will be updated to be accurate.

You can use GPScript to do that kind of thing.

Do you need special permissions to access that category, as it doesn’t seem to work for me

It seems that only trust level 2 (“members”) can post. “Basic users” (level 1) cannot post there.

Correct. When we initially created that category, we got too many suggestions for things that were already implemented but people either hadn’t use GP enough to discover them or hadn’t read the documentation so as to be aware of them.

So we instituted a “waiting” period before allowing access to that category on the assumption that by the time people moved to a higher trust level, they would have discovered more of the available features.

I’ll try to figure that out :slight_smile:

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

There is full documentation for the GP Script language and the hundreds of system functions you can call.