Can Gig Performer interpret SysEx messages?

Hi Everyone,

is there anybody, who can answer me the question, if GP can interpret SysEx messages and translate them to CC-messages?
I don’t get my Roland VK8 digi-organ to work as a controller in GP, cause it only sends SysEx messages.
Please let me know, if someone has an answer for this task.

Thanx

Tobi

Hi @ToBeat,

welcome to the family.

What is your use case for this?
How look your SysEx message and what to you want to achieve?
What controllers of the VK8 do you want to use to control Gig Performer?

Maybe that helps:

Hi pianopaul,
thank you for your fast reply!
I’m already using Bome to translate my SysEx . that works fine, but I thought that it would be nice to go without another app, and translate it directly in GP… looks safer to me.

Here are the answers to your questions:
What is your use case for this?
I’m playing live with GP and I want to use my VK8 as a controller to play the notes ( that works without the need to be translated in cc/notes) and control some widgets in the Rackspace.

How look your SysEx message and what to you want to achieve?
The SysEx are e.g.: F0 41 10 00 4D 12 10 00 20 01 pp qq F7, while pp ist the value and qq is the checksum for verifying the message. All in Hex. And I want to control widgets with them. the values need to be translated in other values, because the value from e.g. a drawbar of the vk8 goes from 0 to 8 and needs the values from 0 to 127 to control the drawbar-widget in GP. All widgets are mapped to the B-3x VST from ik-Multimedia.

What controllers of the VK8 do you want to use to control Gig Performer?
I want to use the drawbars, tho knobs and buttons, just like I would play a real organ. I’m using the b-3x from Ik-Multimedia VST.

I hope there is a way to get it working!

Thanx a lot for your help!

Tobi

ToBeat,

Did you get this working?