Buttons to select MOD Wheel settings

I’m guessing this is going to end up being a scripting thing. Hopefully it’s something easier! I have a single mod wheel I’d like to use for various things. Because it’s an interesting piece of controller hardware, I don’t want to get “more” mod wheels, etc.

Currently, I have MIDI In to two different VSTs. Using sliders, I have set VST A to full volume, and VST B to Zero volume. As I move the wheel, I have the two sliders set to essentially cross fade. I ALSO have the same Mod wheel attached to some parameters in VST B to send more signal into a fuzz pedal. So it gets move fuzzy as the wheel moves.

ALL OF THIS WORKS GREAT!

But I want the wheel to do more than that. But also maybe still do that. So it would be cool if I put in a row of buttons. When turned “on,” each button allows the mod wheel to do different things. Like maybe change an arp rate, or intensity of reverb, etc. or ALL of those at once.

As described earlier, I’ve just been parallel loading multiple VSTs and then playing with volume. But is there a way to, for example, rig up a Button so that “when selected,” it sends Mod wheel CC to Thing 1, and when Button 2 is selected (along with 1) then it sends Mod wheel CC to Thing 2 AND Thing 1. If only Button 2 is selected (1 turned off) then it sends Mod wheel CC to Thing 2 only.

Does that make sense? I’m a hacker, so getting in the middle and manipulating the stream makes sense. But I don’t know if one of the MIDI filters (or whatever) can be used, since they seemingly can’t be mapped to the Buttons (only Plugins can, from what I can tell).

Button 1   Button 2  Thing 1  Thing 2
 On          Off      On       Off
 On          On       On       On
 Off         On       Off      On

THANK YOU! This has been great software to use! it’s been out in the real world being played!!

Apologies - tried to make a little chart, but the auto formatting ruined it. THANKS Computer! haha.

try this

1 Like

Dang dude. Short and to the point. Even being able to use only 2 photos to show the logic of the buttons. I’m out and about so I will have to try this later, but it makes sense! I wanted to pay you the respect of a quick reply, as you’d done with me.

For anyone following, I’ll check in later. THANK YOU!

2 Likes