BPM blinking light

Just wondered;

Is there a way to, when I enter a rackspace, make something just blink in the BPM I’ve set for the rackspace?

I don’t need the BPM for anything other than giving me a hint about the tempo of a song before I start playing.

With the system actions it is very easy.

BPM.gig (37.9 KB)
Attached an example gig file.

This is blinking when the global play is activated.

BPM2.gig (73.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thx! I knew it must be somewhere :slight_smile:

Got it to work, but can’t quite see the difference between the two gig files.

BPM2 somehow seemed more stable, but yhe light don’t keep up at high BPMs. 60, 120 and 180 went well, at 240 it lost out on beats.

I tried the BPM solution in my own gig file, placing it in the global rackspace. It somehow had more problems with keeping up. Keeping up with the tempo maybe, but losing out on blinks.

Thi 2nd gig file has 2 rackspaces and when you switch the rackspaces the blink frequency should change.

It did. I also set up three songs in a set list. I suppose the tempo in the setlist overrides that of the rackspace the setlist item is connected to?

Both in my 240 setlist item, and in your Rackspace_2 the lamp don’t blink on every beat.

Please upload a small gig file showing the issue

Your unedited BPM2 gig file shows what I talk about as soon as I change to your second rackspace. It’s like 3 blinks, loses 1, 2 blinks and so on. Think the blinking stays in time though, just not blinking on every beat.

The BPM of the 2nd rackspace is set to 220 - way too fast.
What happen when you set to 160 BPM

I think I tried it at 180 and 240. 180 went well, 240 didn’t. It’s ok with me if you see the same on your computer. Just thought it was somethng wrong at my side :slight_smile:

In my own gig file, placed in the global rackspace, it starts dropping out at around 155.

We have put in a report to improve this in a future version

That’s great. I can live with it. If needed i can go for a blink on every second beat.

1 Like