Blue3 v. B4II

Unlike first comparison (which was very different), one this one I did not immediately hear the difference. Close enough to make it much harder to distinguish.

So blue3 can sound like B3 II ?

But the second one (“PP”) is the B4II, right?

Yes, but I am sure with further tweaking the sound you will not hear a difference.
But you are also right, the attach in B4II is shorter than in Blue3.

1 Like

@pianopaul

I got hung on tone and forgot to listen for attack. I do hear the B4II sharper attack.
Hopefully I am correct that PP.mp3 is the B4II

Thank you for leading me to solve one of my problems. I do NOT want crosstalk at all because if I want harmonics, I’ll just add them myself :wink: So I found that setting and turned it off.

So blue3 is not that bad?

Now the ultimate test: I used Leslie from IK Multimedia for both

https://community.gigperformer.com/uploads/default/original/2X/a/a82397891f1c2c63c9df9a7e4e7fabb417e4bf4c.mp3 https://community.gigperformer.com/uploads/default/original/2X/b/ba87fade82c90875bce5ef0e386d6d4bb96f2adf.mp3

That first “double whammy” of hearing slower attack and (nasty) default setting for crosstalk on Blue3 was pretty brutal. Hence my first impression, in one word, I think was: “mushy”.

I also have Arturia B-3 V2 so, after I revisit that ,and maybe the VB3 64bit, (and the 8dio hammond also looks very interesting)… I will eventually know where Blue3 sits in the pecking order. I still cannot figure out why a big company like Native Instruments could not keep a popular product like B4II going and release 64bit version.:roll_eyes:

On that comparison, the second one “TW.mp3” has the nicer sharper attack. (hopefully I am right that that is the B4II)
I realize, (for someone like me who has gotten so used to the “feel” of playing that B4II sharper attack), it is really more my own enjoyment that is the issue (which is an important consideration). … I know this small difference hardly matters to “any listeners, other than me”.

I got you, TW is Blue3

1 Like

When I use different Plugin: Blue3 B4II B3-V2 or B5 from UVI I am never sure when I hear them standalone, but in the context of a band (not Rock!) Blue3 always wins

You know:
A man with a watch knows the time.
A man with 2 watches is never sure …

How do you do a double blind test on that opinion? :wink:

It is just simple:
When I use Blue3 I do not move my volume fader as high as with the others and that is an indicator.

Well at least I was wondering if the dryer (less reverb) on TW was going to trick me.

Could be.
As I said earlier, it is all a matter of taste.
And to test a plugin you should try to tweak the sound by yourself and not trust on presets.

By the way: You have good ears

Thank you. That is my strong suit. Now, if only I was “a real player” :slightly_smiling_face:
Could you just double check and make sure TW (and not WT) is Blue3. If TW is really Blue3, I am baffled by that one.

There’s no way of getting B42 to work on a windows 10 machine with gp3 is there?