Blue3 - Rotary simulation speed control with sustain pedal

I want to use my sustain pedal for controlling rotary speed. However the only options I see are;

• Sus Pedal Temp: Switches to fast when you press and hold the sustain pedal, goes back to slow when you release the pedal.
• Sus Pedal Toggle: Switches back and forth between slow and fast every time you press the pedal.

What do I do if I want to stop the rotary?

Assign your sustain pedal to a widget and set the MIDI “momentary to latching” option. Does it work for you?

I’ll have to try that.

To gain three different switch states from only one physical switch would IMHO need the help of a time based event, which would need scripting. Then you could have i.e. the following functionality: Short press toggles fast/slow while a long press would activate the brake.
This should be doable.

Not being very good at scripting, I use an expression pedal with the curve below to switch from slow to fast speed by pushing the pedal down or up, but in all other positions the effect is stopped (brake).

1 Like

Not a bad idea, but to do this with a sustain switch will be hmm… difficult. :wink:

That’s a good approach!

Do you HAVE to control all 3 states from a single switch? If you want to do it freeform with a single pedal, then it sounds like an expression pedal will be the best option. Or something different such as:

• creating variations or song parts that manage the changes and you just step through those with the pedal.
  • using a script to cycle through the states: e.g. forward (brake, slow, fast, brake, slow…) or ping-pong (brake, slow, fast, slow, brake, slow, fast…)
  • or @schamass’s proposal, which sounds interesting!