[blog] Top 10 reasons why you should move to a Gig Performer based guitar rig

Blog article writing spree :slight_smile:

Here’s a new blog article: Top 10 reasons why you should move to a Gig Performer based guitar rig

@ guitar and bass players

Feel free to add any other reason in this thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve just watched this video: Cameron did an excellent job of presenting GP, very concise, precise and effective.
It couldn’t be simpler or more convincing.
It’s exactly what I needed to explain the benefits of using GP.
Well done! :+1:

• another good reason to use GP for guitarists: you could insert a comment window to remind you where you’ve stored your picks :smirk:
2 Likes

Excellent video. Excellent reasons!

Ace video - but now I have a question…

At 3:28 in the video it shows that you can set knobs different for parts of a song.
Mine wont do this :frowning:
If I set it different it just changes back to the default setting for that panel.

I’ve missed a setting somewhere but cant suss it.

Anyone know what this setting is and where is located ?

Are you changing the settings in Panel view or in Setlist view?

The way this works is that if you are in Setlist view and change settings of the knobs, they will be reset when you switch away and back to that song part. This is so that you always have a ‘known’ set of settings for a given song part, but are able to change them on the fly if needs be. There is a mechanism to be able to change settings in a song part and keep them - there is a small save button at the top right of the setlist view which allows the current settings to be saved; now when you switch back to the song part it will go to these saved settings and not the rackspace default.

If you want to have some different settings of widgets in a rackspace that you can then assign to songparts you would create variations of the rackspace in the panel view. These can then be assigned to different song parts as required.

Hope that helps, let us know if not!

Link: How to capture variation edits?

On the video 3:28, he clicked on this button, to capture variation edits in a song part.

Omg Wow!
I just looked and I’ve never saw that little save icon.

Was in setlist view.
I have a fair few panels and quite a few variations.
But I never realised that I could save a tweek like that.
I’ve always had to make another variation with those settings.

Right, guess I’ll be tweeking this weekend :slight_smile:

This is an ace piece of knowledge!
Thank you so much.

Thats Brill.
Thank you so much.

Hey, did anybody read the article? :laughing:

Of course, share the video where ever you can :beers:

All in good time, there are already so many new things to read on the forum every day…
And even with machine translation it takes up a lot of my energy.
But I’d already read or seen most of “the Ten Commandments” :wink:

1 Like