Black Friday deals 2023

I’m a big fan also of Kilohearts, they make a lot of freely available utility and effect/processing plugins which are great.

I’ve been intregued by Phase Plant which is on sale for $99. I’m not personally doing enough of that kind of music at the moment but it’s tempting…

And what is better than on sale? Free!

Socalabs… another great utility set of plugins that are half-off right now of the already low low price of $0. I use their MVerb, Limiter and several of their Developer Tools.

https://socalabs.com/

2 Likes

I bought phase plant last year - it is a fascinating and great sounding plugin.

1 Like

The problem with making recommendations on deals is that if I already own it, I’m not looking for the deal and likely won’t catch that it is on sale. And if I’m looking for the deal, I haven’t owned it long enough to recommend it.

From the NI sale, I picked up Session Horns and Session Strings 2 and they seem good for the price ($50 each) so far.

1 Like

Session Horns is great for emulating a brass section live. I use it quite a bit and find it works especially well on our version of Uptown Funk.

1 Like

Yep, I like Sessions Horns too. I think it’s a real good option for a keyboard players in most type of bands. I recently picked up Session Horns Pro second hand to cover saxes sections better.

Another instrument I picked up that I am a fan of is the Embertone Honky-tonk Harmonica. I think it covers gritty bluesy harmonica better than other harmonicas I have used (most of which, I think, are based on chromatic harmonicas).

Not presently on sale, but: Honkytonk Harmonica

Jeff

1 Like

PluginBoutique actually offers a massive discount of
around 50% on synth- and effects plugins from U-He
So, if you always hesitated to get a copy of Diva - this might be the right time to buy it!

So support got back to me and it validated what I thought I was hearing:

"Thank you for reaching out and for trialling the V-Rack.

Thank you also for reporting this issue. We are aware of the bug and already have a fix, which we are currently testing.

We hope to roll out an update in the next day or so. I will be sure to let you know when this goes live. "

I’ll give it another day in court when it’s patched.

3 Likes

Synapse Audio’s Dune 3 is on sale on their website for $129 (from $179). It has been on my list for some time, but I’m not sure that I would get $129 of use with it.

Synapse Audio’s Dune 3

1 Like

The sale is on the U-he site as well and includes the soundsets as well.

1 Like

I’ve just seen that Melda are offering MSoundFactoryLE for just €24. I use it and that’s a bargain. The UI can be a bit clunky, but the sounds are good and it is very stable in use.

3 Likes

…and another great plugin just gone of sale for Black Friday: Softube Vocoder which just has the most amazing sound in my humble opinion. An absolute steal at €49/$45:

I bought the MSoundFactoryLE and it indeed sounds good. Many useful sounds.
I was thinking about upgrading the free effects library, but for the same price the sound factory is (for me) a better deal. Thanks for the post!

2 Likes

Hmm, checking it out…

1 Like