Best buy keyboard for GP

I have finally decided to start getting rid of my synths (I have3 a collection of them LOL!) and use a MIDI keyboard controller. I recently saw a video on the Launchkey 49 and it looked decent, but I don’t think the keyboard action is up to my standards. I am currently using a K5EX as my master controller, but I find the weighted keys a bit much for the fast lead lines. I saw David’s video but didn’t catch the name of the keyboard he is using on stage and in the studio. Does anyone have experience with MIDI keyboards and can recommend a good one they use? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I am using S88 MkII from Native instruments and I like it very much

1 Like

If you like the bender, the Roland A800-Pro should be a good choice.
It’s a synth action keyboard with aftertouch, USB and a lot of controllers.

Evidently, Roland doesn’t make this keyboard any longer. I did spot a used one on Reverb, however.

I think tthis is the controller that David uses?

I just got a used one and another one as B-stock… i rather wanted to wait until i could have sold some other stuff before buying something new, but when i realized that those are running out of stock in all the stores, i pulled that trigger right now.

You convinced me. I just bought a used A800-Pro from Reverb in mint condition for $310 + free shipping! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you seen this?