Backup of a Gig project including audio track

Hello!
I mainly work on my GP setups at my main DAW PC.
For gig’ing, i’m using a laptop. I often use the audio player for click and backing tracks. One time consuming hazzle thing i have to deal with is re-assign all the audio tracks when moving the project to another computer.
Anyone know a cool workaround for that problem?
It should be a way to take backup of the whole gig, and then everything would be placed in a “container” with the gig file, rackspace, audio, midi and chordpro files.

What happens when you save the Audio player as a favorite :slight_smile:
And load it in a new computer? Just make sure that path of audio files is the same.

On a mac you can create a symbolic link and match the paths of the files. There is a command/way to do that on windows as well, but I forgot how to do it.

The idea to create a “GPBundle” is an interesting one. It would take some thinking but I can see the usefulness of it. Create a complete gig bundle, open on another computer and it all works (you have to have the plugins obivously)

1 Like

Creating hard directory links (or junctions) on Windows:

mklink /J “C:\Location of new folder” “C:\Users\Name\Location of the original Folder”

1 Like

Maybe not only create a GPBundle for copying and using it on another computer.
For Example in Ableton Live there is an option to collect all used samples and save.
With this options all uses samples are located and save under a central location under the working directory for that live set.
All references in the live set are now changed to that new one.

Maybe such a feature could be useful for GP

Does that collect samples that Kontakt was using?

No, only Samples or better Audio Files used in tracks.
With Samples in Gig Performer I mean audio files used in Audio Player.